D-sub vs DVI/HDMI

Bla

Oh, I thought Waco was referring to using dual-link DVI instead of HDMI.

Analog versus digital - sorry for the confusion!

Between HDMI and DVI there's not much difference but overscaling tends to be less of an issue over DVI.

Would highly recommend HDMI over Analog... Does your video card have a HDMI slot? If not, than would recommend get a dvi to hdmi cable from monoprice.com

I'm currently using an on-board graphics card, but my motherboard supports both DVI and HDMI. Monoprice isn't really a good option for me since shipping to Europe costs ten times the product price.

I have two identical monitors: They're both Dell Ultrasharp 2007FP, with Super-IPS LCD panels. One is connected through dual-link DVI connection, and the other is connected through VGA. The only difference between the two, and I mean the only difference, is that the VGA one had to have the screen geometry adjusted through the 'Auto Adjustment' feature. After that, the difference really isn't noticeable. Well, at least I can't notice it.

So, you should be fine with VGA. But I would recommend using dual-link DVI if that's possible. That is because, like I said: there is no need to adjust the screen positioning with the digital connection. And I recommend using dual-link DVI over HDMI because the dual-link capability is basically two HDMI or single-link DVI connections in one. That will allow you to run monitors at higher resolutions and refresh rates. plus the DVI plug is just a lot nicer, and who even uses built-in monitor speakers?

If it's not noticeable, I might just stick with VGA for now. I'm not planning to run resolutions higher than 1080p for the next few years, so I don't think I'll have any use for dual-link DVI. I'll keep it in mind though, since it sounds like a future-proof option. Although the newer HDMI standards seems to support 4k resolutions as well?