Budget build: Work pc - Low cost

kennethk

Bottom line is his uncle is going XP with a home built computer. If he buys a pre-built then the option is not on the table because you will not be able to purchase a prebuilt with XP. It just boggles the mind to think that the point has been made over and over and the horse beat to dust. Any DIY build is going to be XP based. Its not your money but his and if he feels that XP is what he want then let him have it.  Everyone has made their point. Give the man some options without discussing the OS as has been requested  multiple times throughout this thread.  Yes XP sucks and we know why, give it a rest.   

It just seems wrong to give advice when you know it's bad advice. 

I refuse to advise someone to do the wrong thing. It'd be like me telling you to use peanut butter as thermal paste -- it just doesn't make sense. 

it's not that it's bad advice... you're working with the variables set forth in the original Post.... he asked for a build around XP.... not to be beat to death about using XP. I understand the issues but if someone asks you for a recommendation and gives you the base options you do the best with what you can... Such as ccokeman pointed out and I agree 100% with...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic