NVIDIA 337.50 Driver Comparison @ OCC

Bosco

Good review, graphs were a bit confusing(it's the morning mkay) but good review. 

Seems like a good patch, didn't perform any miracles but it did give small boosts :) Wish there was a weaker CPU tested since I think that's where you'd see the biggest boosts. 

Good review, graphs were a bit confusing(it's the morning mkay) but good review. 

Seems like a good patch, didn't perform any miracles but it did give small boosts :) Wish there was a weaker CPU tested since I think that's where you'd see the biggest boosts. 

Agreed about the graphs...would have been better with them side-by-side to better see the difference, but sadly that's just because of OCC's antiquated system.

As for testing with a weak CPU, that makes no sense. When testing the limits of graphics cards, you want the best CPU possible, otherwise your CPU will become the limit.

Agreed about the graphs...would have been better with them side-by-side to better see the difference, but sadly that's just because of OCC's antiquated system.

As for testing with a weak CPU, that makes no sense. When testing the limits of graphics cards, you want the best CPU possible, otherwise your CPU will become the limit.

I thought this driver was for lowering the cpu overhead(somewhat) like mantle did, but without a new api?

I thought this driver was for lowering the cpu overhead(somewhat) like mantle did, but without a new api?

Nothing I've seen indicates that. The point of the update, afaik, was to prove that there are still a lot of performance gains out there to be grabbed from DX11 without the need for a new API (Mantle, DX12, or otherwise).

Nothing I've seen indicates that. The point of the update, afaik, was to prove that there are still a lot of performance gains out there to be grabbed from DX11 without the need for a new API (Mantle, DX12, or otherwise).

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-337-50-beta-performance-driver

"As with 337.50 Beta

Edited by DanTheGamer11