Time for a new phone?

BluePanda

Well I am guessing next year most likely. Both of them can do till Android 5.0 with no problem as long the carriers keep updating them (hint Verizon).

If you go to swappa.com website, you can see how much people are selling their phones for and right now GS4 is going for approximately $265 and it shows a trending graph as well..

My s4 isn't obsolete yet but it has been superceded by the s5...how soon before the s5 is out gunned and outclassed is anybody's guess...same with IPhone 5...it's looking more and more like these high end manufacturers have shot their wads...

cjloki, honestly S5 is new but almost the same specs as S4.. S4 will only be obsolete if the android OS released is 64 bit only. It can last for another 2 years and after that it will be obsolete I am guessing.. 

There is a new version of S5 coming out to compete with G3.. and so a new version of M8.. 

It maybe be obsolete in the eyes of manufactures however as long as the playstores still running I'd say it could last for 5 years at least. Really I don't see android gaming to increase that much over the years, all they could really improve on is something such as visuals and smoother edges but that's just nitpicky stuff.

Your webbrowsing may be a bit slower depending on how they update to newer scripts of course, but in reality I see anything from up to the s4 lasting you a good number of years.

How long do you guys think it will take before phones like the s4 and G2 will become obsolete?

I usually buy a flagship every two years. 

How long do you guys think it will take before phones like the s4 and G2 will become obsolete?

You got your g2 about 3 or 4 months ago didnt you?

You got your g2 about 3 or 4 months ago didnt you?

Yeah, I don't remember the exact date but it was sometime in late 2013. November I think. 

With the 4.4 update and my normal usage scenario im at 92% after 14 hours of uptime on my G2...

I average 12-14 hours before I run out of juice. I use greenify to prevent battery drains from apps running in the background and I keep my app selection very slim. I am a very heavy user though, so it's expected. On the plus side, I get about twice as much battery life as I did with my Samsung Galaxy S2, so I'm not complaining.