XFX Type 01 Bravo Reviewed

Bosco

Every time I look at this case, I want to push the front and the back of it back together. It looks like it's been pulled open.

Not sure about the price either. It's a bit much.

The "Shell" is metal and strong enough that it doesn't bend, it's just surrounded by weak plastic. It's possible it was only a certain batch but i've found a bunch of customer reviews with the exact same problem.

I'm guessing XFX will take care of people with issues, but then again with the crap service I've gotten so far with the video card RMA I'm working on with them maybe I shouldn't be so confident. 

I had issues with an XFX Radeon 6870 Black GPU RMA too. The tech support guy I was dealing with had me jumping through hoops, running test after test, after test on it. The card was artifacting and wouldn't stop. Finally, I told them to forget the RMA, I was tired of dealing with them. A lifetime warranty is only good if it's ~not~ like giving birth just to use it. The card is on my shelf now, collecting dust.

To be fair, I have three other XFX cards that have never given me any problems, and I like their new designs.

• 2 weeks later...

This case gives off the same vibe as the Dell XPS cases from a few years ago, it must be the ribbed front. I though the design was cool then and I still do. I like the overall design, it would be fun to build an XFX-themed system with it.