Sapphire Vapor-X R9 280X TRI-X OC Reviewed

Bosco

another amazing review frank ! it seems weird to me that amd would put all that design and performance into this card but not go the extra mile and include the 6gb frame buffer,...hmm

another amazing review frank ! it seems weird to me that amd would put all that design and performance into this card but not go the extra mile and include the 6gb frame buffer,...hmm

May come later! Who knows. Sapphire was the one who decided to make the 6GB card. I'm not sure that at resolutions the majority of gamers play at can really take advantage of that large of a buffer. From what I remember the performance differences were more clock speed related than frame buffer related. I may have to do a head to head with the 280 Toxic and the 7970 6GB Toxic in a few games at 2560x1600 to see if it really helps.  

Very nice card with decent cooling. As usual, I like Sapphire's Dual BIOS capabilities. Their cards seem to hold up for a long time, and tech support is good.

They also have some nice freebies for their customers on their website at times.

Very nice card with decent cooling. As usual, I like Sapphire's Dual BIOS capabilities. Their cards seem to hold up for a long time, and tech support is good.

They also have some nice freebies for their customers on their website at times.

Yes they do.