ASUS R9 280X DirectCU II TOP & R9 270 DirectCU II OC Reviewed

Bosco

I switched over to Nvidia this year, my thoughts so far are, the drivers have some issues, but the performance is better. Red team and Green team seem very evenly matched. The 280X is expensive though, so IMHO Green team has the edge this go around.

Edited by Black64

I switched over to Nvidia this year, my thoughts so far are, the drivers have some issues, but the performance is better. Red team and Green team seem very evenly matched. The 280X is expensive though, so IMHO Green team has the edge this go around.

What driver issues are you experiencing? NVIDIA driver support is generally way better than AMD.

Thanks for the review, though I never liked the bulkiness of the DirectCU coolers

The 280X is expensive though, so IMHO Green team has the edge this go around.

Thank the miners for that :glare:

The 280X is expensive though, so IMHO Green team has the edge this go around.

Thank the miners for that :glare:

Nvidia is like: our plan is working! if we let AMD get the upper-hand in mining then our cards will be cheaper in comparison! *insert evil laugh here*

What driver issues are you experiencing? NVIDIA driver support is generally way better than AMD.

I had the "drivers failed to install" error when I first bought the card and a few failed to update problems. But I fixed each in a few hours.