24 gig ssd

1 tb hard driv

Gt 750 in sli

I paid 749 im hoping it will game well

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New or used? The price you paid seems like a remarkable deal, though maybe I've just been out of the market too long.

Hoping to see some pictures of the unit, along with benchmarks, once you receive it if you haven't already.

Sweet, I would say we can compare numbers vs price (good chance you'll win even @ MSRP) but I killed my GT60 last night with a little accident so I'm on hold with Square Trade atm (side now - in all seriousness Square Trade has been an awesome company to deal with for me)

CC what did you do to your GT60?    I have the same laptop as you, added in an intel 240 & 120 msata drives for my games and has been rock solid for almost a year now.   Use it for work everyday, game on it at night, and lan parties every other weekend.  Could not be more happy with the laptop

I'm curious to what you guys get with such powerful laptops regarding battery life, obviously just regular usage and not gaming (though additionally gaming battery life would be cool to know too!)

I remember I was on the fence between a Lenovo Y500 or my Dell 15R SE but I wanted more USB 3.0 ports probably better battery life at the expense of gaming performance.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Not gaming same as one without an GTX 780M lol, nvidia's optimus tech does a very good job of seamlessly switching from the intel GPU to the nvidia one 99% of the time.  with mine I can get 6 hours out of it doing very little or 5 in what I would call more normal usage scenario. I've never tried a max battery life run of sorts with it to see what I can do with max power savings but could be great. 

As for what happened...Yeah I was overclocking it...set some stuff a little higher than I should, and can't get it to reset :lol:

I actually went beyond the MSI "here's how to reset it" they list and pulled the power cable to the CMOS battery and left it last night (all this started about 30 mins after my first post) all the system will do is turn on with no display for about 5 seconds then turn off, it then waits another 5 and starts itself back up.  It'll repeat at least 10 times never changing, after that I pulled the plug again. 

MSI says up to TWO FREAKING MONTHS to RMA this thing, so I'm going to use the square trade warranty because what actually happened is I dropped it and it stopped working...yep dropped it.

Not gaming same as one without an GTX 780M lol, nvidia's optimus tech does a very good job of seamlessly switching from the intel GPU to the nvidia one 99% of the time.  with mine I can get 6 hours out of it doing very little or 5 in what I would call more normal usage scenario. I've never tried a max battery life run of sorts with it to see what I can do with max power savings but could be great. 

As for what happened...Yeah I was overclocking it...set some stuff a little higher than I should, and can't get it to reset :lol:

I actually went beyond the MSI "here's how to reset it" they list and pulled the power cable to the CMOS battery and left it last night (all this started about 30 mins after my first post) all the system will do is turn on with no display for about 5 seconds then turn off, it then waits another 5 and starts itself back up.  It'll repeat at least 10 times never changing, after that I pulled the plug again. 

MSI says up to TWO FREAKING MONTHS to RMA this thing, so I'm going to use the square trade warranty because what actually happened is I dropped it and it stopped working...yep dropped it.

That's about what I'd probably get with a 9cell too (with an i5 3210M and Radeon 7730M @ 1080P), so nice! Yeah Optimus seemed to work decently with my last computer with the 540M in it, I assume it's probably even more improved now

Damn dude, tough luck, at least the extra money for square trade wasn't put to waste

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Square Trade has been sweet to me/my family. 

I broke even on my Studio 15 Dell when it's slot load DVD drive went bad they replaced it shipped back good to go and still kicking (actually put in back in my bag while I get the MSI sorted out as it will do 99% of what I need my "mobile" machine to do and the still 8+hrs of battery will be nice again

My fiancee's Dell 15R with an Sandy Bridge i3, 6GB of ram, 640GB HDD, no dedicated card was replaced with the same chassis 15R but with a Sandy i7, 8GB, 1TB HDD (they sent the 640GB back too) and a GT525M That was one HELL of a win to me

Fiancee's TV died suddenly a while back. The said here's a label and ship it btw how would you like your money and you get 5% extra if you take and amazon gift card.  Got the gift card code email <10 mins after dropping the TV off @ FedEx

My old Acer netbook's keyboard and touchpad went crazy about a month ago, money was in my PayPal account 3 mins after I walked out the door @ FedEx

I was going to call Square Trade earlier for this one but I got tied up doing other stuff...I guess I could do it now but I don't wanna :( I hate calling people but the web form doesn't have enough space to list all the troubleshooting steps I've done.