• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#25 GENERALCHAOS

GENERALCHAOS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

my Sister PC i got tired of Window Anti Virus BS i told her i installed http://zorin-os.com/ on her new System a new APU GUI  on Zorin os remind her of window she quickly lean her way around to her WEB games Steam Installed on it Running L4D 2 as for Sever OS i dont know much im still new to Linux

7y18vt.png
RIG1: CPU:  On Rig 2 . Motherboard: MSI FM2 A85XMA E35 . RAM:  On rig2 . GPU Sapphire HD 7790 1GB Storage: Boot 50gb SSD / Western digital 320GB. Chassis:  Fractal Define R4 . Cooling: Kuhler 920  Cooler KIA . PSU: Antec HCP-1000 . Display:  Orion 24" LED tv . Audio: N/A. Keyboard: 1999 IBM. Mouse: Thermal Take 2007. OS: Linux Ubuntu 12.0

My sister RIG2: CPU:  AMD A10 6800K  3.9GHz. Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A85X-UP4 . RAM:  AMD RP PC14900 DDR3 1866 2X4GB. GPU APU 1GB Storage: Boot 50gb SSD Chassis:  Antec P280 . Cooling: amd COOLER. PSU: Fractal Tesla . Display:  DELL 24" . Audio: N/A. Keyboard: hp low profile . Mouse: Mirosoft. OS: Linux Zorin OS 6

#26 Braegnok

Braegnok

Nimrod

• Folding Member
  • 1338 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:58 AM

For multiple operating systems or virtual machines,.. I can recommend VMware Workstation 10,.. I use it with vSphere and Apache on two of my computers and it's vary stable.

Overview: http://www.vmware.co...ts/workstation/

Edited by Braegnok, 02 March 2014 - 11:48 AM.

Intel Core i9-7960X

Asus Rampage VI Apex

Nvidia GTX1080Ti  SLI

32GB DDR4 3733MHz

Corsair AX1600i

Custom Watercooling

#27 gebraset

gebraset

Certified Geek

• News Editor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1363 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:42 PM

This thread reminds me even further how I cannot wait to switch to Linux. I hate dealing with Windows errors, and though they aren't constant, they are enough to drive me away. Once college is done (LibreOffice doesn't format things right the last time I used it, and the PowerPoint version actually did not work at all when saving files), I think I'll be making the switch to Ubuntu. Already messing with it in a VM, and love it.

Gateway NV52L15u

15.6” HD LED LCD | AMD A10-5750M | AMD Radeon 8650G | Samsung 850 EVO 256GB | 8GB DDR3 1600

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Revived Gaming PC

HP w2207h LCD | AMD Phenom 9150e @ 2.165GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 750Ti | HGST 500GB 7,200RPM | 4GB DDR2 800

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#28 dr_bowtie

dr_bowtie

Chronic Haggler...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18258 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:30 AM

I really like linux and as much as I'd like to switch 100% I just cannot. there are still things you can do in windows you cant do in Linux. Although steam works well only a few of my games are compatible. Not that I play games much anyhow.

Another big loss is that Amazon Instant Video/prime doesnt work in Linux or Android... spent a few hours trying browsers and things with no luck....

Wii-Kart code 2707-2013-4642~~~~~~ Diablo 3 drbowtie#1495

Commodore64....playing Crysis on high

Posted Image

**Noctua Owners Club: Member #2 - NH-D14**

#29 Andrewr05

Andrewr05

I'll be whatever I wanna do!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11611 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:54 AM

Another big loss is that Amazon Instant Video/prime doesnt work in Linux or Android... spent a few hours trying browsers and things with no luck....

Was it a flash issue or a user agent issue?

I would think that'd be easy to circumvent, but given that they are top tier content providers I imagine they have pretty good security measures.

ona5.png

If you see the cops - LEAVE.

If the cops are coming - Don't be there.
If you show up and the cops are already there - DISAPPEAR.
Anyplace the cops are and you aren't, is a good day

:yes: 

Rig specs:

Spoiler

#30 Waco

Waco

Lab Rat 2

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16508 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:03 AM

I would think that'd be easy to circumvent, but given that they are top tier content providers I imagine they have pretty good security measures.

Probably a DRM issue more than anything.
Tolerance is a sign of weakness.

#31 Andrewr05

Andrewr05

I'll be whatever I wanna do!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11611 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:34 PM

Probably a DRM issue more than anything.

Hmmm, I suppose thats a good pint.

ona5.png

If you see the cops - LEAVE.

If the cops are coming - Don't be there.
If you show up and the cops are already there - DISAPPEAR.
Anyplace the cops are and you aren't, is a good day

:yes: 

Rig specs:

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: operating system, New Build