FUNC HS-260 Gaming Headset Reviewed

Bosco

Wassim, nice review. Concerning the bass I think you missed the target, many of the best headsets made do not have a deep bass. The problem is that gaming headsets have traditionally overdriven the bass in their sound envelope in an effort to immerse in the game. They wanted you to feel the explosions and the thump. This is not a bad thing, this is just the way it ease. Many lower cost headphones do it as well. It is like those guys what have a sub woofer that breaks the shock in their cars, they think we all demand that thumping bass.

The HS-260 have what I call a neutral sound. What that means is they fall with the center of the sound envelope being a bit higher, like our ears naturally work. This works out well for gaming as the footsteps and such fall into that sound range. In music the sound envelope is often very muddles however. For example Metal music tends to be mixed toward the high end and other music mix in other ways. Personally I normally lean toward bass sound, I love me some good thump. However I found the HS-260 neutral sound envelope very enjoyable, no one sound spectrum was over driven or over bearing.

Wassim, nice review. Concerning the bass I think you missed the target, many of the best headsets made do not have a deep bass. The problem is that gaming headsets have traditionally overdriven the bass in their sound envelope in an effort to immerse in the game. They wanted you to feel the explosions and the thump. This is not a bad thing, this is just the way it ease. Many lower cost headphones do it as well. It is like those guys what have a sub woofer that breaks the shock in their cars, they think we all demand that thumping bass.

The HS-260 have what I call a neutral sound. What that means is they fall with the center of the sound envelope being a bit higher, like our ears naturally work. This works out well for gaming as the footsteps and such fall into that sound range. In music the sound envelope is often very muddles however. For example Metal music tends to be mixed toward the high end and other music mix in other ways. Personally I normally lean toward bass sound, I love me some good thump. However I found the HS-260 neutral sound envelope very enjoyable, no one sound spectrum was over driven or over bearing.

I agree :) I did not ding the HS-260 because it lacks bass, I just had to mention it since FUNC claimed a "deeper bass reproduction". It's a nice product that just needs a little refinement.