Will my dual Xeon e5430 run BF4

npowell28

I'll sell you an R9 270x :)

Hey love your little pic! I saw those r9's but it said that it was pcie 3.0. It's been a while since i was into building computers and i wasn't sure if it would be compatible.

They're always backwards compatible and I'm sure it won't inhibit performance

You basically have a

Core 2 Duo E6750 (LGA 775)

Geforce 8600 (PCIE 1.1)

8Gb of DDR2

So I would say no, you can't run bf4 at all unless you replace the the video card and even than I don't think you have the minimal requirements.

Edit: Here is the official requirements

• Dual core CPU (Intel Core i5 or AMD

I agree with leaving the RAM alone and spending that money towards the new GPU.

It should work out fine with a good GPU in it, but I would stop there and save up for a newer platform before spending more money on this one.

I agree with leaving the RAM alone and spending that money towards the new GPU.

It should work out fine with a good GPU in it, but I would stop there and save up for a newer platform before spending more money on this one.

Yes exactly.  Don't spend $ on anything that you won't be able to transfer to the new platform (ie. ram)

I would go for it,.. just put a used mid-range graphics card in and leave memory at 8GB,.. replace the thermal pads with new compound on your CPU's and give it a go :thumbsup: ,.. as long as the power supply is not worn out and has a 8-pin connector for card.

The motherboard PCIe lanes and DDR-2 Memory will be your limiting factors the old E5430's will be fine performance wise,..a single E5430 scores 5160 in 3DMark 11 and a i7-920 scores 5590.

http://community.futuremark.com/hardware/cpu/Intel+Xeon+E5430/review

Edited by Braegnok