yeah so my "old" galaxy s3 finally got android 4.3

NCC10281982B

i just think it's funny that we're all hot for the android 4.3 upgrade, but he's already into and beyond the 4.4...crazy :rofl:

I still have "only" 4.1.2 and I couldn't care less about any version, I can tailor any version to my liking. Root and CUSTOMIZE!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i just think it's funny that we're all hot for the android 4.3 upgrade, but he's already into and beyond the 4.4...crazy :rofl:

I still have "only" 4.1.2 and I couldn't care less about any version, I can tailor any version to my liking. Root and CUSTOMIZE!

ivi, please explain to this rookie android upstart what i would gain from rooting, and why it's so important...what benefits will i see ?

have you considered a rooting worklog ?

Rooting essentially gives you full user privileges on the device, and hence allows you to install unofficial Android OSes and software not usually available for your device. For example, you might find a device that officially only supports Android 2.3 Gingerbread (I'm looking at you, Galaxy Ace), can be rooted to install Android 4.1.2.

Rooting essentially gives you full user privileges on the device, and hence allows you to install unofficial Android OSes and software not usually available for your device. For example, you might find a device that officially only supports Android 2.3 Gingerbread (I'm looking at you, Galaxy Ace), can be rooted to install Android 4.1.2.

+1, except rooting doesn't inherently allow you to run custom ROMs. It all depends if the recovery can be flashed to one that will allow ROM flashing (or for phones with locked bootloaders, Safestrap recoveries can make virtual machines of different stock based ROMs)

I have the s3 on us cellular but my phone is rooted so I have 4.4.2. It really is worth your time to root your device. 

Yeah see! Any "less phone" can get whatever android version the user wants, most developers will find a way to port it. Especially if the phone is a popular model!

Someone needs to make a guide on the android phones of rooting upgrading etc. :D

If only all the phones went through the same process of rooting, usually they're all different procedures. Some easy and some more involved

+1, except rooting doesn't inherently allow you to run custom ROMs. It all depends if the recovery can be flashed to one that will allow ROM flashing (or for phones with locked bootloaders, Safestrap recoveries can make virtual machines of different stock based ROMs)

I have the s3 on us cellular but my phone is rooted so I have 4.4.2. It really is worth your time to root your device. 

Yeah see! Any "less phone" can get whatever android version the user wants, most developers will find a way to port it. Especially if the phone is a popular model!

Someone needs to make a guide on the android phones of rooting upgrading etc. :D

If only all the phones went through the same process of rooting, usually they're all different procedures. Some easy and some more involved

Ok well make me a guide for my galaxy s2 SPH-D710 I have 4.1.2 :no:

Service provider?? (yes this makes a difference)

How to get Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Nexus 4: OCC Guide, by EuroFight

1) Throw out your microSD card, you won't need that anymore.

2)Do NOT skip an overnight charge, or be prepared for a dead phone when you need it!

:teehee:

Fixed! :lol:

2)Do NOT skip an overnight charge, or be prepared for a dead phone when you need it!

Okay I'll give you the charging bit. The battery life is comparably apocalyptic, it is the case of a charge every day, but thats no problem just plug it in before bed :P

Service provider?? (yes this makes a difference)

Sprint...