About to buy a gun

Onion

Fuck everything and get this LOL

.45 long colt and .410 shotgun shell combo :lol:

My wrists hurt just looking at it. I do not like shooting composite guns.

I'm not saying it'll win any target shooting awards but in close combat/emergency...it'd mess someone's day up

I'm actually watching that video right now, I thought it'd be cool to check out what it could do. It has a huge amount of spread and its too pricey for me. It'll mess someone up at close range, but if I'm a bit farther, I'm screwed. The 357 will be inaccurate because of how small it is, but it'll be better than a mini shotgun. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm actually watching that video right now, I thought it'd be cool to check out what it could do. It has a huge amount of spread and its too pricey for me. It'll mess someone up at close range, but if I'm a bit farther, I'm screwed. The 357 will be inaccurate because of how small it is, but it'll be better than a mini shotgun.

Yeah hickok does pretty sweet reviews, just think the judge is a hilarious gun.

Anyway, these may be more your speed:

I kind of want one of these as my "9mm" even though it wouldn't be compatible with anything. I hear Makarovs are badass

Makarovs are pretty weak compared to a 9x19mm. There's a chart on Wikipedia with lb ft measurements of different calibers.

Still'd be a cool gun to own :rolleyes: I'd still get a Parabellum 9mm for compatibility.

Is this for the guy who slashed your tyres?

No, he's just getting a small claims court date when I catch him. It's for protection against the gunshots I hear a couple times a week around here.

Makarovs are pretty weak compared to a 9x19mm. There's a chart on Wikipedia with lb ft measurements of different calibers.

Shot placement is more important.

Shot placement AND more power would be even better. 

Shot placement is more important. You'll get out of the "more power" phase once you gain more knowledge and training. Probably the biggest misconception firearm related.

Edited by iluvstrats2

Shot placement is more important. You'll get out of the "more power" phase once you gain more knowledge and training. Probably the biggest misconception firearm related.

+1  Guns ain't like puters where moar power is better. A bullet traveling at 100fps will hurt just as much as one traveling at 1000fps. Besides, a slower moving bullet has less chance of passing through generating less damage.

Well, the search is done! I nearly went with the Kahr CM9, but I just thought the S&W Sheild 9mm would be a better choice and went with that. I'm picking it up and paying for it tomorrow. So excited to own my own gun and take it to the range! Also, does anyone recommend a specific type of ear protection, or is it all about the same?