Perfect sized monitor?

kennethk

I'd say 24-29" would be perfect, I am using a pair of 32" hdtvs as monitors right now and was thinking of downgrading to a size around there it just seems a bit of a over kill. I got one of them for free so cant complain that much.

The perfect size monitor in general terms is a myth. Each person has different needs and wants. For example some prefer a smaller size but higher refresh rates, such as a 24" @ 144KHz, Some prefer as high of resolution as they can get such as a 27" at 1440 while others due to age or sight issues find a 27" at 1080 the perfect fit. Some per ultra wides and like the old none wide screen monitors. There are questions to answer for this as well such as space for the monitor and if you will travel with it.

If there such a thing as the perfect monitor size, for an individual yes, for the masses, no and those that claim such are spinning fiction. This is a very individual choice.

Agree wit CompiterEd 100%. I'm prefectly hapy with my two 21.5" 1080p monitors. Yet, I have a friend that won't use anything less than a 50" HDTV. What's prefect for one does not mean it's perfect for all.

I used a 42" Vizio 1080 for a while and loved it for gaming, but for all round use I prefer my 27'' 1080 though it took some getting accustomed to. I haven't explored any high resolution monitors...I think 1920 X 1200 is the highest I have gone. I have always wanted a 3 monitor setup, like three 24" however the bank won't allow it...perhaps one day.

Day to day I use a 30 inch running 2560x1600. I do have a 4K monitor that I could use day to day but text is just to small for my old ass eyes. I could easily run a 27 at 1920x1080 and be happy without the eyestrain. 

Day to day I use a 30 inch running 2560x1600. I do have a 4K monitor that I could use day to day but text is just to small for my old ass eyes. I could easily run a 27 at 1920x1080 and be happy without the eyestrain. 

Then do that last idea and send me the 30" ;)