Unofficial BEEEEEER Thread

Andrewr05

Pretty much any micro brew will do for me.  

Sam Adams

Flat Tire

Blue Moon

Guinness

I think Flat Tire is the only actual micro brew there.

By Flat Tire do you all mean Fat Tire by New Belgium Brewery? That's some good stuff right there, had a few last night actually 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Rasputan

Russian Imperial Stout

I love that beer. link

I don't have the money to drink that often and despite it being my favorite beer I don't really want to drink it all the time either.

It tastes fantastic,but you really have to be in the mood for it.

I've really only began to get into craft beers within the past year or so. Always tried IPAs when I get the chance but here recently I've really been liking those dark, used motor oil looking porters. There's an app on my phone I use to log a lot of the different crafts I try, it's called UNTAPPD. Check it out if you're always trying new things.

I'd really like to try Old Rasputin sometime, I don't think I can get it around here though. Luckily I'm headed to the big city tomorrow so maybe I can find it there. :D

Has anyone on here heard of Bat Creek Brewery? It's the closest brewery to where I live and it puts out some pretty good beers but I don't think it's widespread yet. Probably not outside of MO or IL yet I'm thinking.

Drinking a Long Trail 'Brush & Barrel' series Culmination.

It's SUCH a good beer, holy shit it's sooo smooth and yet I've just now finished the bottle and I'm pretty sure I've got a damn good buzz.

culmination-imperial-porter-up-next-in-l

Edited by Andrewr05

Favorite ale- I'd have to get back to you on this one
Favorite IPA/PA- Magic Hat #9
Favorite lager- Yuengling/Sapporo/Singha/Tsingtao but nearly any Lager I will love!
Favorite porter- Haven't found a favorite, don't have a lot of Porters.
Favorite stout-  Guiness??, Don't have a lot of Stouts that stand out to me
Favorite Belgian- Blue Moon?? Just the first Belgian I can think of
Favorite German- Hacker-Pschorr hefeweizen

Favorite lambic- Whut?

Favorite other(?)- Leinenkugal Summer Shandy (and a couple other flavors), some of the beers they had at the Cape May Brewery (New Jersey), also almost any pumpkin beer (I love Oktoberfest season).

Beer you've had that you thought was over rated? Corona
Best beer you've had that you were surprised by? I'm not really surprised by any particular beet but moreso the fact that beer tastes better the more you drink it lol. I remember hating beer as a kid.

Your go-to every day beer? Yuengling Lager, cheap and delicious. (or Miller Lite specials lol)

I'm a huge fan of the Belgian hefeweizens

I cannot stand IPAs, and I've tried several dozen hoping to find one I like.

Recently I've been enjoying the Sam Adams Winter Lager, although I'm not a fan of their Boston Lager.

Another favorite might be considered a mixed drink: Snake Bite. It's half hard cider and half Guinness.

I'm a huge fan of the Belgian hefeweizens

I cannot stand IPAs, and I've tried several dozen hoping to find one I like.

Recently I've been enjoying the Sam Adams Winter Lager, although I'm not a fan of their Boston Lager.

Another favorite might be considered a mixed drink: Snake Bite. It's half hard cider and half Guinness.

Yeah IPAs are probably bottom of my list fighting there with stouts, some are OK but that's the best they end up being.

Ciders are amazing though (where do Ciders lean more towards...a wine or beer?)

Yeah IPAs are probably bottom of my list fighting there with stouts, some are OK but that's the best they end up being.

If Guinness is the only thing you list for a stout (Stouts originally referring to a 'stout' porter, so porters included) then you really need to try some craft stouts and porters.

They are my favorite beers, hands down.

If Guinness is the only thing you list for a stout (Stouts originally referring to a 'stout' porter, so porters included) then you really need to try some craft stouts and porters.

They are my favorite beers, hands down.

I'm sure I have and they're good but it's usually once ever so I forget what they're called, Guiness is simply the most common I run into. My brother in law makes his own too but it's not award winning lol

I am a definite IPA fan.  My two favorites are probably Avery's Maharajah and Upslope IPA.  If you are an IPA fan the Upslope is the most fantastic blending of malts and hops; both present and noticeable yet both very distinct, as though they were separated.

I also like some of the amber ales and for a chewier beer I would recommend Avery's "The Reverend". a Belgium style quadruple ale.  For lighter beers I like Heifeweizens with Leinenkugles Sunset Wheat as my favorite.  Sorry about those spellings; I know they are wrong but I've had some beer tonight and don't feel like looking them up.