Denon D600 vs HiFiMan HE-400

WhenKittensATK

Snag a pair and take them home? During holiday times, we give you until the second week of January to return them, should give you plenty of time to figure out if you like them. 

I was only considering the Denon D600 at the time because there was a refurb on sale for $240 shipped in a nearby store, but I guess they sold it. I don't think I would buy it at full retail since there are other headphones at that price range.

The problem with the Sennheisers is they would require purchasing an amp, $100-300. HE-400 works fine without one from what I'm hearing.

Edited by AZNguyen

Audio Source - ASUS Xonar DG / Zune / Nexus 5

Music - Pop / Hip Hop / Folk

Previous HPs - Beyer DT 770 Pro / Panasonic HTF600S

Home use only. Wouldn't mind trying open air headphones. Rather not buy additional equipment unless its going to be some major improvement or not going to cost as much as the headphones themselves.

• 3 weeks later...

Been about a week or more with these new gadgets. I've been enjoying the HE-400s and haven't noticed anything bad just yet. Tempted to pick up an Amp/DAC stack from Schiit. Crossed between Magni ($100 new), Vali ($120 new), and Asgard v1 ($125 used). I can get all three fairly cheap, but no solid choice as to which. I haven't used the RE-400s much, normally since I don't have time to listen to mp3s or videos while away from home.

• 3 weeks later...