NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Reviewed

Bosco

If you guys heard what a reference 290X sounds like some of you would question that purchase, its that flippin loud.

What the sad thing is NVIDIA beat AMD with an older chip, made it cooler, quieter, and doesn't crash or throttle when there is to much heat. NVIDIA wins this round for sure when you compare reference cards.

As after aftermarket cards that may tell another story, I for one want to see how the 290 overclocks with some better cooling, and after seeing Frank's OC's numbers I want to see what the 780ti will do with some awesome cooling. The only downside is my card clocks higher then Frank's does LMAO.

As for BF4 testing we are not bringing it in until its patched. There is just way to many issues and I don't want my guys retesting. We will have it up soon enough.

Bosco I'd gladly take one off your hands for you, I use earplugs anyways. When I was still living with my parents I had 4 Scythe Ultra Kaze's at max speed in a low end mid-tower and you could hear it from outside the front door.

If you guys heard what a reference 290X sounds like some of you would question that purchase, its that flippin loud.

What the sad thing is NVIDIA beat AMD with an older chip, made it cooler, quieter, and doesn't crash or throttle when there is to much heat. NVIDIA wins this round for sure when you compare reference cards.

As after aftermarket cards that may tell another story, I for one want to see how the 290 overclocks with some better cooling, and after seeing Frank's OC's numbers I want to see what the 780ti will do with some awesome cooling. The only downside is my card clocks higher then Frank's does LMAO.

As for BF4 testing we are not bringing it in until its patched. There is just way to many issues and I don't want my guys retesting. We will have it up soon enough.

Bosco I'd gladly take one off your hands for you, I use earplugs anyways. When I was still living with my parents I had 4 Scythe Ultra Kaze's at max speed in a low end mid-tower and you could hear it from outside the front door.
Oh those Ultra Kazes... I had two on my TRUE and it was maddening, then I got a fan controller and ran them at the slowest speed...and they were whisper quiet and I didn't even see a change in performance so I just kept em like that :)

Vantec Tornadoes!

Never the (dis)pleasure :P. I don't think I've ever owned any Vantec fans now that I think of it, but I have an old Vantec double bay USB 2.0 enclosure that's been sitting idle for awhile now that I really should sell since it's such a great unit. (can you imagine if they put a tornado in the enclosure haha)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

haha ummm nah that's ok. As for ear plugs ya those don't work well for me gaming lol.

Performance of this card is awesome, but I am a bit skeptical about its price compared to 290x & 280x.

Although I think price will come down in time..

NVIDIA cards do offer several features that AMD cards do not, which is why I think we'll continue to see a small price premium indefinitely.

Performance of this card is awesome, but I am a bit skeptical about its price compared to 290x & 280x.

NVIDIA cards do offer several features that AMD cards do not, which is why I think we'll continue to see a small price premium indefinitely.
You're such a fanboy. :lol:

You're such a fanboy. :lol:

I am a fanboy, but how is that a fanboy statement? It's a fact that there are NVIDIA-only features in the world (PhysX, CUDA, ShadowPlay, etc.), plus I'm admitting that NVIDIA cards are generally priced higher at equivalent performance points.

Both companies have features the other does not; that's why I found the post funny. :)

What does AMD have that NVIDIA doesn't? I'm asking honestly because I don't know of an AMD tech that doesn't run on NVIDIA cards.