NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Reviewed

Bosco

For $150 over the 290X and $300 over the 290 it better be faster! I'd have to go with the red team this round though...

Although I would have liked to see a lower price point, I think its advantages over the 290X do justify the added cost - although some of the advantages are with Kepler GPUs in general and not just the 780 Ti (eg. PhysX, ShadowPlay), that still has to come into consideration when choosing a card.

My question now would be how it compares to the Titan in a workstation role because from a gaming perspective, the 780 Ti pretty much makes the Titan irrelevant.

And Nvidia takes the crown yet again for strongest gpu on the planet.

If i would upgrade, i would still go for the 290 tho, can't beat that price/performance.

Edited by WarWeeny

For $150 over the 290X and $300 over the 290 it better be faster! I'd have to go with the red team this round though...

Although I would have liked to see a lower price point, I think its advantages over the 290X do justify the added cost - although some of the advantages are with Kepler GPUs in general and not just the 780 Ti (eg. PhysX, ShadowPlay), that still has to come into consideration when choosing a card.

My question now would be how it compares to the Titan in a workstation role because from a gaming perspective, the 780 Ti pretty much makes the Titan irrelevant.

http://wccftech.com/gtx-780-ti-compute-performance-leaks-dissappoints-gk110425b1-core/

It's a leak from 2 days ago, non leaked compute tests should be out now/soon

http://wccftech.com/gtx-780-ti-compute-performance-leaks-dissappoints-gk110425b1-core/

Thanks...that what I was assuming because otherwise they'd never sell Titans. Titans are still the best if you need a combo of workstation and gaming, but otherwise completely pointless to everyday users/gamers.

Thanks...that what I was assuming because otherwise they'd never sell Titans. Titans are still the best if you need a combo of workstation and gaming, but otherwise completely pointless to everyday users/gamers.

And Nvidia's profit margins... lol

If i would upgrade, i would still go for the 290 tho, can't beat that price/performance.

They trade blows at higher resolutions too, so the 290x usually wins at 4k (especially on the more demanding games.)

ETA: Guys, why don't we have BF4 or Arma 3 benches?

Edited by Locutus

They trade blows at higher resolutions too, so the 290x usually wins at 4k (especially on the more demanding games.)

ETA: Guys, why don't we have BF4 or Arma 3 benches?

They do trade blows, but in general, the gtx 780TI is the better card according to the benchmarks shown on the webs.

Not many people play @4k and i look at the 1080P benches because that is the resolution that is commonly used in games these days.

If you guys heard what a reference 290X sounds like some of you would question that purchase, its that flippin loud.

What the sad thing is NVIDIA beat AMD with an older chip, made it cooler, quieter, and doesn't crash or throttle when there is to much heat. NVIDIA wins this round for sure when you compare reference cards.

As after aftermarket cards that may tell another story, I for one want to see how the 290 overclocks with some better cooling, and after seeing Frank's OC's numbers I want to see what the 780ti will do with some awesome cooling. The only downside is my card clocks higher then Frank's does LMAO.

As for BF4 testing we are not bringing it in until its patched. There is just way to many issues and I don't want my guys retesting. We will have it up soon enough.