Military Action in Syria  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Should the U.S. take military action in Syria

• Yes - and I live in the USA
    • Yes - and I live outside the USA
    • No - and I live in the USA
    • No - and I live outside the USA
    • I don't know

Just curious what peoples thoughts are. Since there are a fair amount of people on here that live outside the U.S. I decided to break it down a bit more.

No, the USA has enough debt.

Curiously, If money weren't an issue would you support it?

I say no. It is sad what is happening but I think US involvement will only make things worse. There is no telling what will happen if the US military gets involved (other than a lot of innocent people getting murdered).

I'm probably going to take a load of grief for this, but i am open to hearing new info and different opinions. I am rather inexperienced in this area due to age and previous lack of interest.

What exactly did we achieve in iraq? in iran? Sure we took out a few AL-queda big-wigs and such, but we made one huge mess. What makes us think we will do any differently this time? Maybe we should get our country in order before we go bust someone elses wide open.

And, consider this; if mexico bust open (as well it could) into a civil war between the druggies and army or some similar lineup, who would be expected to step in. Why? Well for one we are next door neighbors. It would be the same if something went down in Canada. So why aren't any of Syria's neighbors stepping in? I'd say if anyone's the responsibility is theirs. Besides half the rebels come from those countries anyway.(exaggerated figure probably)

So why aren't they? Well lets see; Egypt: screwed out of the scene for now, Israel; otherwise occupied, Lebanon; too worried about Israel, Turkey; too busy locking down their borders, Iraq and Iran; they know that screwing around in another country brings nothing but trouble, Saudi Arabia; possibly the only nation capable of doing anything and they are too smart and too rich to bother.

Soo why do the US feel we have to? IS it because of how successful a track record we have? Is it because we have nothing else to do but kill innocents and waste tax payer money? Is it because we have troops eager to deploy to another sandy hell?

No. Wait, so why are we considering it? So our president can save some face and potentially make a name for HIMSELF?

Let them solve their own problems. Civil war was what it took for us to make up our internal differences enough to build a strong nation, so why shouldn't it work for them? It does mean lots of death and pain, but why multiply that needlessly?

If anyone gets involved it ought to be the local people who know the situation, the culture, and the place.

And to take a completely different approach, right now we have Muslims fighting Muslims, what happens when the 'infidels' join in? Won't both sides be obliged to beat the tar out of us?

• Like 1

I don't know, I haven't read up on the story at all. Most people I know say we shouldn't get involved and that sounds like a good option to me. I don't see any reason to get involved in something if we don't have to.

+1

We need to stop all the "wars" and bring our forces back. And then get them all to disassemble all the hundreds of thousands of wasted products built for war and use the raw materials and technology (AND money) on our own country. Then when all that is done, cut the "defense" budget down at least 50% and spend that tax paying money on more important domestic programs like education and healthcare for our OWN people.

Edited by IVIYTH0S
  • Like 1

So why aren't they? Well lets see; Egypt: screwed out of the scene for now, Israel; otherwise occupied, Lebanon; too worried about Israel, Turkey; too busy locking down their borders, Iraq and Iran; they know that screwing around in another country brings nothing but trouble, Saudi Arabia; possibly the only nation capable of doing anything and they are too smart and too rich to bother.

Sums it up so well, lol.

If he does what is the end game here that he is trying to accomplish! Other than to topple another regime and put in place another one that despises the US as a whole. I'm not sure the payoff is there in terms of a deterrent. Sure you have hezzbollah holed up there and causeing all sorts of havoc but this is a conflict that has been going on since the middle ages that really there is no end in sight since one religion cannot  co exist with the rest of them on the planet. Missiles will not change that now or ever much like swords and spears did not change it.    

They will kill each other, they will want to kill us, regardless of whether we step in or not. When you kill 1400 of your own people in the one of the worse possible ways I would think that some one should step in. Granted it shouldn't always be us but if no one else has the balls then why not.