MSI N760 Hawk Reviewed

Bosco

I think there slight error in review on memory speeds , you have listed 780's with low memory clocks , when there factory clock is 7ghz .

You have 1612mhz(6448mhz)  for Nvidia GTX 780  and MSI GTX 780 gaming at 1722mhz (6888mhz) .

The factory memory clock speed on the GTX 780 is 6008Mhz or 1502Mhz. The GTX 770 has a 7000Mhz factory memory speed hence the reason you see an overclock of 212Mhz giving you a final memory overclock on the GTX 770 of 1912Mhz or 7648Mhz effective.

Hope that clears it up for you. The GTX 780 does not use 7Ghz memory.   

The factory memory clock speed on the GTX 780 is 6008Mhz or 1502Mhz. The GTX 770 has a 7000Mhz factory memory speed hence the reason you see an overclock of 212Mhz giving you a final memory overclock on the GTX 770 of 1912Mhz or 7648Mhz effective.

Hope that clears it up for you. The GTX 780 does not use 7Ghz memory.   

Oh, My bad , you are right . I forget 780 is based off Titan GK110 ,that use 6k memory still .

To answer you question Scott please read the text at the top of the page!   :rtfm:  :cheers:

Here you go in image and text form.

Temperature testing will be accomplished by loading the video card to 100% using Unigine's Heaven Benchmark Version 4.0, with MSI's Afterburner overclocking utility for temperature monitoring. I will be using a resolution of 1920x1200 using 8xAA and a five-run sequence to run the test, ensuring that the maximum thermal threshold is reached. The fan speed will be left in the control of the driver package and video card's BIOS for the stock load test, with the fan moved to 100% to see the best possible cooling scenario for the overclocked load test. The idle test will involve a 20-minute cool-down, with the fan speeds left on automatic in the stock speed testing and bumped up to 100% when running overclocked.

Essentially the overclocked temperatures may or may not be better than the stock temperatures due to using the fan at 100% to provide the best possible stable overclock! Hope that answers your question! 

fanz.png