I think the Forum is dying

Laptops with good specs got so cheap

Basically laptops in general too, I'm pretty sure nearly everyone I know has a laptop or tablet instead of a desktop nowadays.

That's pretty true. My laptop has turned into my desktop, and my tablet has turned into me laptop. I use the tablet for the ultra-portable on-the-go stuff, and the laptop when I need to sit my ass down in a classroom for four hours and type something or whatever. 

I have noticed slow down at all forums for a few years now, maybe the faster cpus more cores people do not need to overclock any more like back in the amd 2500/ IntelP4 days... :whistling:

That might be part of it, for the normal end user there is not much benefit any more. The only people who get benefit are the hardcore gamers and the benchmarkers, and even then the benefit is not as great as it once was.

I hate laptops!  Death to laptops! Hiss!  Hiss!

Put wheels  and an engine in PC's!

When a PC is running just right it is hard to keep the conversation going. I have always been a listener. I don't do much input as I have a bad short term memory problem, but it will be a sad day when we can't have a sort of long distance chat or discussion in forums like this one.

• Like 1

Well I'm on here reading nearly every day - just don't have much to say.

Same. I don't post that much because I mostly browse on my tablet and don't like typing on it.

yea well, it's kinda hard to drive an 80,000 pound 18 wheeler down the road safely and browse the web (OCC included) at the same time,...not that i don't see other "professional" drivers doing it ALL THE TIME !, but when i'm stopped, or home once in a while i do my catching up,...my new HTC One does a pretty good job of substituting for a tablet or laptop while out on the road, but still, my job and it's many complications usually take precedent over my favorite internet web location OCC !

Well if you ask me, the problem is that nobody wants to have fun any more.  Back in the day, this place was jumping, IMO in large part due to the free wheeling, take no prisoners atmosphere.  There was a really cool sense of comradery. 

This is what it used to be like:

karate-cat.jpg

What it's like now:

serious%20cat.jpg

Well if you ask me, the problem is that nobody wants to have fun any more.  Back in the day, this place was jumping, IMO in large part due to the free wheeling, take no prisoners atmosphere.  There was a really cool sense of comradery. 

+1 I haven't been around for as long as you, but even during my time things have changed. We need more weird threads that derails  :ph34r: (in a positive way). The best example is still the peanut butter thread