A Steam Game a Week for 10 Weeks - Week 2 - FPS RPG Week

Not entering.

I just got Borderlands during the steam summer sale, its pretty fun. However, its the only RPG shooter I've played, so I guess that's my number one, lol.

Never played the Fallout or Mass Effect games then?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not Entering
I'll give someone else a chance this week xD

This is one category where for me at least, there can be only one winner. Mass Effect. The depth of the storyline and the characters are so amazing it would not do ME justice to choose anything else. If I had to choose one game, it would have to be ME2 due to the character development, particularly in Miranda. Oh and of course boobs. ;)

Edit: And as Troy also pointed out...the rest of her  :teehee:

Edited by EuroFight

Not entering.

I just got Borderlands during the steam summer sale, its pretty fun. However, its the only RPG shooter I've played, so I guess that's my number one, lol.

I played fifteen minutes of fallout 3 when it came out. :lol:

Not entering.

You need to remidy this, the fallout and mass effect games are some of the best games I've played.and then not to forget S.T.A.L.K.E.R. it plays a lot more like a triple A shooter but has everything necissary to satisfy an RPG. Not to the same extent as other games but the open world and choices you have over what path you do give you great freedoms and your choices end up impacting the main story and the ending you see. You dont have stats like health and strength but you do have the largest and most well thought out upgrade system for what is a huge arsenal of weapons and armour. You have an inventory and do tasks/missions for rewards.

This hear is one of the best write ups describing S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

If people somehow can call Bioshock an RPG then S.T.A.L.K.E.R. definately id

Not entering.

You need to remidy this, the fallout and mass effect games are some of the best games I've played.and then not to forget S.T.A.L.K.E.R. it plays a lot more like a triple A shooter but has everything necissary to satisfy an RPG. Not to the same extent as other games but the open world and choices you have over what path you do give you great freedoms and your choices end up impacting the main story and the ending you see. You dont have stats like health and strength but you do have the largest and most well thought out upgrade system for what is a huge arsenal of weapons and armour. You have an inventory and do tasks/missions for rewards.

If I had time, I'd have definitely played New Vegas, and I still would now, but I'm pretty busy. I bought three games during the steam summer sale and haven't even touched the third one, and I just started the second, Borderlands.

I like RPGs a lot, and I also really like shooters, making Borderlands a really fun game for me. What would you recommend for me if I were to play another shooter RPG? 

Not entering.

If I had time, I'd have definitely played New Vegas, and I still would now, but I'm pretty busy. I bought three games during the steam summer sale and haven't even touched the third one, and I just started the second, Borderlands.

I like RPGs a lot, and I also really like shooters, making Borderlands a really fun game for me. What would you recommend for me if I were to play another shooter RPG?

Mass Effect for a casual shooter RPG, you dont.really have to invest heavily and its quite easy to play. Then when you have more time S.T.A.L.K.E.R. it takes more effort to play because its combat simulation is great and the addition of the complete mod and realistic weapons pack just means that every shot counts. And every wound takes a toll.

The mass effect games will be 15-30 hours depending on how long you invest in them, how many side quests you do and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games 15-25.

Boarderlans can trap you for an easy 30-50 hours and 40-70 hours for Boardelands 2 haha

Not entering!

Stalker is my favourite. I love tweaking the Vintorez and doing head shots from way out!

I now have Borderlands 2 and haven't touched anything except Travelcalm tablets since starting the game.

I need some help with it, so, Stoner, if you could message me I'll tell you the probs.

I'll check them out then.

Oh, I played far cry 3. I liked how it was an rpg, but the game itself wasn't great. Pretty fun for a couple hours though.

Fallout New Vegas is $5. Just picked it up, I got kind of bored of Borderlands 2 because of the way the game saves. I hate how when I load up the game, I have to walk ALL THE WAY BACK TO WHERE I WAS. So annoying...

Yes, that is a bad part about Borderlands 2!  Last night I had to defend something and died about ten times.

But I am enjoying it, even if it is hard work for me. I have played about 55 hours of it already.

One thing I had hoped could be cleared up, is, I carry 4 guns, but the game says I'm carrying 15/15. That is weird!