A Steam Game a Week for 10 Weeks - Week 2 - FPS RPG Week

I have a whole heap of great games in my inventory, that I have had for ages now and I figured I would give them away. I have ten codes in all and some are for double game packs.

Week 1 is Zombie Week

Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 are up for grabs

Winner - EuroFight

Week 2 is FPS RPG Week

Boarderlands GOTY is up for grabs

What's your favourite role playing FPS game?

Rules -

- If you own the game you're ineligable for the prize but feel free to post on the current topic, just add "Not entering the draw" to the top of your post.

- The winner will be drawn randomly at the end of the week (Wednesdays 9pm Australian EST)

- You must have a minimum 50 posts and have been a member of OCC for 50 days

- Open to Staff, Moderators, all levels of members and I guess Dave too

- Discussion is welcome in the thread but only your first post with "Entry" placed at the top counts

Now worry not we have ten weeks to work this out haha

Best of luck to you all

Stoner

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not entering the draw

Dead Rising 2 - fun killing zombies with different novelty weapons or finding the different combo weapons. Difficulty balancing issues aside, it is fun trying to find all the outfits you can dress chuck in. Its a good old fashioned "fun" game that doesn't take itself too seriously

I've got spare steam copies of Portal 2, Binding of Issac (vanilla) & Terraria that i've had sat around for ages if you want to add them to your prize pool ;).

also might wanna check if the l4d2 you're giving away is the aussie low violence version. other than that, pretty awesome, well done :thumbsup:

Not entering the draw

Dead Rising 2 - fun killing zombies with different novelty weapons or finding the different combo weapons. Difficulty balancing issues aside, it is fun trying to find all the outfits you can dress chuck in. Its a good old fashioned "fun" game that doesn't take itself too seriously

I've got spare steam copies of Portal 2, Binding of Issac (vanilla) & Terraria that i've had sat around for ages if you want to add them to your prize pool ;).

also might wanna check if the l4d2 you're giving away is the aussie low violence version. other than that, pretty awesome, well done :thumbsup:

Yeah alright, if you wanna donate them. I'll do a couple double prize weeks. Portal 1 and 2 bundle runner up portal 2 and The Binding of Isaac and Terraria runner up The Binding of Isaac.

It probably is but with a little Googling you can find descriptions on how to uncensor the game.

Entry.

I've only played a couple zombie games as I'm not a big fan of the whole zombie thing, but I really enjoyed L4D 1 and 2 when I played the demos. They seem to have the right amount of zombie-ness to them but are still fun shooter games. I like how there are different types of mini-bosses (I guess you can call them that) like the smoker, boomer, hunter, witch, etc. I also really like the 4 player co-op, which is what makes it my favorite zombie game. 

Thanks for the contest, stoner!

Edited by Onion

Entry

Ok Ill play

Left for Dead

If you want just a good time blasting Zombies without having to think your way through a game this one is it for me. Never really played it with a group of people but the 4 person Co-op aspect really gives you options and can pull your fat out of the fire if need be.

Entry

I've been really busy this week so I haven't noticed this thread (in fact, I've posted maybe twice in the last fortnight), but I'll give this a go, thanks for the contest Stoner :D

I haven't played many zombie games either, but I'm really intrigued by the genre. I've played Zombies on CoD (if this counts) and I think it's an interesting twist on the FPS genre, instead of focusing on few players with lots of health, you're focusing on lots of targets with very little health, so you have to adapt your playstyle a lot.

Not entering the draw

I'm not a big fan of zombie games, but I like Killing Floor. It is fun if you play with a friend, otherwise you'll get bored pretty easy (or maybe it's just me). Teamwork is a must if you want to survive on higher difficulties.

you're focusing on lots of targets with very little health, so you have to adapt your playstyle a lot.

Until someone makes a witch angry (L4D) and everyone focuses on a single target with a lot of health.

I agree with everyone that's recommended Killing Floor and.would probably say it's my favourite but I just really loved Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare.

My favourite thing was being able to ride around on the backs of the four horses of the apocalypse.