recommend a good router that doesn't overheat?

ir_cow

The Netgear WNDR3700 is pretty good. My only issue is that a power outage seemed to have wrecked 3 of the 4 ethernet ports. Other than that though, solid performer.

That's a pretty serious problem, it only barely works...solidly :lol:

Well I only need 1 ethernet port since the router is downstairs and my room is upstairs. I got one of those Asus ethernet adapters which works pretty damn well(although not worth $90, but I could also use it on my xbox I think or do some other things with it). It was a massive improvement over my old Linksys G router though, and maybe a surge protector would have been a smart idea ;D

The Netgear WNDR3700 is pretty good. My only issue is that a power outage seemed to have wrecked 3 of the 4 ethernet ports. Other than that though, solid performer.

That's a pretty serious problem, it only barely works...solidly :lol:

Well I only need 1 ethernet port since the router is downstairs and my room is upstairs. I got one of those Asus ethernet adapters which works pretty damn well(although not worth $90, but I could also use it on my xbox I think or do some other things with it). It was a massive improvement over my old Linksys G router though, and maybe a surge protector would have been a smart idea ;D

Yeah, might have been a good idea... it's not in warranty I guess?

We had an old Linksys G router, the WRT54G or whatever that EVERYONE had. It had to reset all the time to work properly...

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Nah, I think it was only a 1 year warranty.

And this is wayyyyy off-topic, but I see you have a twin frozr, are you getting kinda high temps too? Mine likes to get up to 75C in games :( (I had to go from a 1100 OC on core to about 1050ish)

hmm the 3700v4 is MUCH better than that old linksys 2.4g but the N barely works like my 3400 I have. Doesn't matter since nothing in this house has N support.  I can now go across the street with G where as before only 2 rooms away.