upgraded to 4K

Panasonic PDP's have the plasma cells divided into 8 sections called "sub-fields".

Each sub-field is refreshed at 60Hz, therefore, 8 sub-fields times 60Hz equals a 480Hz sub-field refresh rate, which does not mean anything to the picture quality.

This. Precisely this.

As for the Seiki model that black64 owns, it's a 3840x2160 panel, which qualifies as 4K/Ultra HD per the Consumer Electronics Association.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Black64

I just checked out one of Seiki Digital, Inc's sites,.. location Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

A one-year, no-questions warranty. Great price,.. because it doesn't come with any silly bells and whistles.

It's just a straight up beautiful panel,.. very nice. :thumbsup:

You say it's locked to 30Hz @ 4K when you tested some games, which is fine. But that is due to the HDMI 1.4B only supports 4K @ 30Hz.

HDMI 2.0 specification will be released soon,..it will run 4K @ 60Hz.

Samsung and perhaps Sony will offer an upgrade kit (input board) with HDMI 2.0 ports to retrofit there UHD TV's sold this year, that likely means that the HDMI input board on your SE39UY04 model could be upgraded.  :D

Edited by Braegnok

Well the locked at 30Hz problem is not really an issue, it's gonna make getting hardware that can run 60Hz at 4K, the real challenge. :teehee:  I've heard that only 4X Titans can run 60 FPS at 4K, from reading reviews. And thanks for the info, I didn't know that a board upgrade was a possibility.

I agree the 30Hz would be fine for me,.. I noticed the Egg is taking preorders for the Asus PQ321Q 4K Monitor today.

But at $3,500, it's not a very good value, even if the picture quality is better. Unless somehow you have the GPU power to run it. But also the Seiki is a larger screen.

how can you read the screen lol. waaaay to big.

nonsense, a screen cant be to big :3

i also have a 39'' tv hooked up my pc and i sit right in front of it at my desk, its perfect!