New build - psu high pitch feedback

gideon123

I just built a new system with all new parts. I plugged in the psu and am hearing a high pitch noise from it. Very annoying. Not that loud just enough to bother u. So i though maybe the psu is faulty and ordered another one but the new psu is giving me a high pitch noise, i am wondering if it is not grounded properly or if the board is not set right, not sure.. All info would be great.

I just built a new system with all new parts. I plugged in the psu and am hearing a high pitch noise from it. Very annoying. Not that loud just enough to bother u. So i though maybe the psu is faulty and ordered another one but the new psu is giving me a high pitch noise, i am wondering if it is not grounded properly or if the board is not set right, not sure.. All info would be great.

I should also add that even if the power switch on the psu is turned off, I still get the noise... Maybe it's the power cable..... Arghhh

brand ? also sometime using a UPS or a power strip with a line filter will solve that issue . what your hearing can be coil whine .

it's very common even in high end psu s . solved I with a filtered power strip .

brand ? also sometime using a UPS or a power strip with a line filter will solve that issue . what your hearing can be coil whine .

it's very common even in high end psu s . solved I with a filtered power strip .

Yes that's exactly what it is. Thanks, i will give tha a try.

It is possible the video card is the source of the coil whine. It can be hard to tell and if the video cards at fault, there is not much you can do.