be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 Reviewed

Bosco

Too Big and too expensive imho.

:withstupid: then again I'm a believer in more modest cooling, as chips get more efficient and a good modest cooler will take a CPU to the point of diminishing returns. After that point, the amount of extra cooling and money forked out isn't justified

whoa, I'd get close loop cooler for that much, but great review Frank!

Thanks!  Its getting to that point where a good 240 or 280 equipped closed loop is pretty attractive.    

At that price point I would only consider Noctua and Corsair.

Edited for correctness LOL!  Noctua and Corsair are great options as well but when you look at Halo air coolers they all are going to be in the $80 to $100 range. Noctuas NH-D14 SE2011 is $90 and Phanteks PH-TC14PE is $90 so when you look at the pricing it is not that for out of line if at all!

I love me some quiet coolers...but $98? Ouch! :lol:

Too Big and too expensive imho.

You guys have said it already. I would say the same. It's wayyy too much pricey and too big. I understand that it's a dual tower cooler, still the price of ~$95 can't be justified in any way.

Phanteks has a $100 cooler with dual towers, along with others near that. Noctua has a dual tower at $95 and then a C-type at $90. Some Prolimatech models are up in that range, too.

So, how can't a cooler in that price range be justified? Because it's from a company not as well known outside Europe? Neither was Noctua at one point, yet now it's one of the companies people look to right away.

Phanteks has a $100 cooler with dual towers, along with others near that. Noctua has a dual tower at $95 and then a C-type at $90. Some Prolimatech models are up in that range, too.

So, how can't a cooler in that price range be justified? Because it's from a company not as well known outside Europe? Neither was Noctua at one point, yet now it's one of the companies people look to right away.

Well Said!

The price point is higher but then again you get quality with a warranty as well a a low close to no noise solution.

The company I'm familiar with. I wouldn't buy any pure air cooler at $100 though. :P