Edward Snowden - NSA Leaks

wevsspot

I like that the guy was stand up enough to do what he did but also like the original intent that the nsa was tasked with, (to protect America from terrorism and terrorist attacks)...it all seems to have gotten out of hand and no one stood up (not even congress or my president) and said "hey, we need to watch this, and include some checks and balances in the discovery process...that is very disappointing, but it's not new,...J Edgar Hoover opened the door to this kind of stuff decades ago...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I seriously thought everyone knew, like I do, that everything that is broadcast over air, cell, CB, talk radio, everything, is public information...accessible by anyone...

...that is why real criminals and myself discuss any possible illegal activities on a landline...

The Patriot Act: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Act

I agree though that stuff like this act should have been dumbed down over time.

We also have people in high places that take this stuff too far in the name of National Security.

It's sad to realize the amount of freedom/privacy we are willing to give up for the false idea of Security.

Hey CJ - no contesting that JEH kept all of DC under his thumb with his infamous political "diaries", but there is a huge difference between then and now.  In his days collecting information took weeks, months and years - and arguably the only real secret information he was interested in was that which dealt with keeping the politicians from all parties under his thumb.

In our world today, information that JEH might have taken months collecting on politicians, the Feds are able to collect in hours on practically every human on the planet conducting any type of communication or data transmission occurring electronically as long as the information is being routed through services operating in the US.

If the US kept it's nose out of everyone else's business we probably wouldn't have to worry so much about terrorism, and subsequently wouldn't have justification for relinquishing individual privacy in the name of security.

What I find particularly alarming are the reports I'm reading from individuals responsible for the original Patriot Act legislation, with some of them saying that the scope of these programs has pushed far beyond the limits that were originally envisioned when the legislation was crafted and later passed into law.

Great link by the way Waco...............

True patriot IMO. He gave up his entire life to stand up for the constitution.

He was careful enough to leak only evidence that wouldn't put anyone in direct danger as well.

:withstupid:

He is the real hero.

Being a (semi) dual citizen of USA & India, I really feel for him.

Edited by d6bmg

True Patriot,.. Snowden worked for the same Gov Contractor that I do Booz Allen, most of us have known what was going on for years.

But no one had the guts to come forward and leak evidence. To say he gave up his entire life is a understatment.

Yep, I get all that Jerry, today's world is way more technical, spot on, :) but the precedent was set, and the surveillance escalated in the same ways...before the "war on crime" there was the "war on communism", I'm just saying we've seen it before...history repeats itself, ...regular folks stood up against governmental abuses back then, and it's starting again

It's funny but sad at the same time.

It sickens me that most people not only don't care about this but they're actively calling Snowden a traitor and hoping he rots in jail.

Yeah, good attitude. :rolleyes:

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause."

It's funny but sad at the same time.

It sickens me that most people not only don't care about this but they're actively calling Snowden a traitor and hoping he rots in jail.

Yeah, good attitude. :rolleyes:

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause."

so now, "of the people, by the people, and for the people" has been bastardized into "of the government, by the government, and for the government" ....