PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 Myst Edition Crossfire Reviewed

Bosco

Looks like a descent crossfired cards. Compared against GTX660ti SLI. So, not bad at all.

It would have been interesting to see it's performance against single GTX680/780.

Edited by d6bmg

Looks like a descent crossfired cards. Compared against GTX660ti SLI. So, not bad at all.

It would have been interesting to see it's performance against single GTX680/780.

Or vs 7950 CF for only about $100 more.

What was the power consumption of the GTX660ti?Power consumption as a con is odd, how bad was it

Why wouldn't you just look rather than asking?http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/powercolor_radeon_hd_7870_myst_edition_crossfire/16.htm
Cor, I wonder what mark the TIs would get

Does this model of 7870 consume more power than others? I saw a slide where the 7870 uses less ways than the 660 ti on tomahardware, does crossfire need a lot more energy?

Edited by DanTheGamer11

The Powercolor HD 7870 Myst is a Tahiti LE core not the Pitcairn core so by comparison to the GTX 660Ti it used 25+% more power at stock speeds and 30+% more power when overclocked for relative performance. Now the FRAPs based results in the first half of the review make the AMD combo look better than it really is at the display.  Take a look at the FCAT results and the tables change dramatically with the GTX 660Ti offering smoother game play and higher FPS numbers to boot. 

So the reality is that the AMD Combo uses more power and delivers less performance for the power used, so yes I would say that a 25 to 30% power increase over the comparison multi GPU combo for less performance is a con.

Make sense?

FCAT? What's this?

Yeah thanks for the explanation, had no idea the LE would consume more, I might be getting a 7870 so this is helpful... This Video Card seems like a bum deal unless it's cheaper by quite a bit.

Frame Capture Analysis Tools

As a step down from the 7950 it does out perform the pitcairn based HD 7870s but the trade off is you get power consumption closer to the 7900 series levels. 

The standard 7870 is Pitcairn based while the Myst Edition is Tahiti LE based. 

FCAT? What's this?

Yeah thanks for the explanation, had no idea the LE would consume more, I might be getting a 7870 so this is helpful... This Video Card seems like a bum deal unless it's cheaper by quite a bit.

Frame Capture Analysis Tools

As a step down from the 7950 it does out perform the pitcairn based HD 7870s but the trade off is you get power consumption closer to the 7900 series levels. 

The standard 7870 is Pitcairn based while the Myst Edition is Tahiti LE based.