NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Reviewed

Bosco

It's so close to a titan, but yet $350 cheaper! I was hoping that it would be a bit faster then a 680 thou. It's it looks between 15-35% faster? I wonder if they will scale better then 2x titans or 2x 680s? And even thou I've been on the red team for so long, I gotta say the green team has the best looking reference cards.

Edited by Black64

cant wait for the gtx 770 review!

pricing wise its pretty good and the perfomance is quite impressive, still not enough cash to afford such a card tho :C

It's so close to a titan, but yet $350 cheaper! I was hoping that it would be a bit faster then a 680 thou. It's it looks between 15-35% faster? I wonder if they will scale better then 2x titans or 2x 680s? And even thou I've been on the red team for so long, I gotta say the green team has the best looking reference cards.

Sounds about right, the 770 was just a really really lazy firmware updated 680.

http://semiaccurate.com/2013/05/13/you-can-upgrade-an-nvidia-gtx680-to-a-gtx770-with-a-simple-bios-flash/

Sounds about right, the 770 was just a really really lazy firmware updated 680.

http://semiaccurate.com/2013/05/13/you-can-upgrade-an-nvidia-gtx680-to-a-gtx770-with-a-simple-bios-flash/

That was proven false, just a modified BIOS ;)

So is the Titan just 300+ expensive because it's the fastest singe GPU card? Even though not by much now?

Why does it beat the Titan in Crysis 3 @ 1080P by 10FPS?

PRICE DROP TIME :D

Edited by DanTheGamer11

I don't know if this is true, but this maybe the first time when they released a new high-end card(GTX 780) and it wasn't there fastest card currently out(Titan). Seems like a strange way to release a product. So people that all ready have a titan don't need to upgrade because if they had released the 780 first, then people would want to upgrade to the titan(I.E losing money for Nvidia). Oh well, let's just wait and see what AMD does.