ASUS ROG Vulcan ANC Headset Reviewed

Bosco

It looks like one of the very few ROG products which doesn't justify it's price tag. Hopefully, Asus will improve this Vulcan ANC in future  may be in next edition.

Note: OCC award is missing at the end of the review.

I own the headset, and I'll agree with the ANC feature being quite rubbish. Yes, it does cancel most of the outside noise, but it adds static, when there's quiet around you and it does give you a weird feeling in your head. But I don't really feel the bass is that lacking. It's not beats by dre, but the bass is quite sufficient for most applications. 

Some things just don't get awards here and usually for a pretty good reason.

As for the bass...I found them rather lacking compared to sets in its price range...and it even had less than some of my cheaper sets.

:withstupid: More cons than pros is not a good thing.

That being said, d6 you actually allude to a problem I've thought all along - we hand out awards too easily and too often, so it's no wonder you think that's the norm.

As for the bass...I found them rather lacking compared to sets in its price range...and it even had less than some of my cheaper sets.

Just been testing the headphones for bass, and you're right. The deeper it gets, the more it's lacking  :down:

And I've thought about this often. Many reviews on this and other websites hand out rewards rather easily in my opinion. 

Just been testing the headphones for bass, and you're right. The deeper it gets, the more it's lacking  :down:

And I've thought about this often. Many reviews on this and other websites hand out rewards rather easily in my opinion. 

We've had a decent number have no award, but it isn't too often.

Just been testing the headphones for bass, and you're right. The deeper it gets, the more it's lacking   :down:

Sorry -- didn't mean for you to dislike them... :P

-----

Honestly on the rewards thing -- take a look at my past reviews...you won't find many Golds.

In my personal opinion -- if you get a gold from me...it must be damn good. Even Silver is asking for it. Many of my old reviews show this hard to obtain Gold -- thus I tend to note it a BluePanda Gold when I do give one... :lol:

No reward is more of a recent change for all reviewers here (I thinK) -- it's no longer Bronze when it's bad -- it's nothing. :)

Just been testing the headphones for bass, and you're right. The deeper it gets, the more it's lacking   :down:

Sorry -- didn't mean for you to dislike them... :P

-----

Honestly on the rewards thing -- take a look at my past reviews...you won't find many Golds.

In my personal opinion -- if you get a gold from me...it must be damn good. Even Silver is asking for it. Many of my old reviews show this hard to obtain Gold -- thus I tend to note it a BluePanda Gold when I do give one... :lol:

No reward is more of a recent change for all reviewers here (I thinK) -- it's no longer Bronze when it's bad -- it's nothing. :)

So what are you saying?  I have used them with and without the ANC and its a miss for gaming with it on.