Don't Starve

ClayMeow

Does anyone play this?

Steam Link

Just got the game and played it for the first time....it does a really good job of telling you...absolutely nothing of what you're supposed to do :lol:. I guess that's the point, as it's a survival game, but I dunno, I still expected a tutorial or at the very least a screen with the controls! Nope, you're left to figure everything out on your own.

It's pretty cool and interesting so far, but I wish it had Steam Achievements so I'd know if I'm doing anything right. lol.

If you die a lot, then you're doing something right. :lol: At least that's what a friend told me about the game. There's a story mode for it on the way though, so just hang tight.

There's a story mode of sorts in the works, where you progress through a couple of increasingly difficult worlds to reach a conclusion. I would expect that most players would play through that to learn the game, and then play in a free-play mode (which is what people are playing currently).

From the Wiki here.

Looks interesting, $15 is a little steep though...I can get Mass Effect 3 for "free" right now and I have a host of other games I have to get to before that! If it was like $2.50 or something or had a free trial I'd check it out.

Music reminds me of World of Goo (good thing)

If you die a lot, then you're doing something right. :lol: At least that's what a friend told me about the game. There's a story mode for it on the way though, so just hang tight.

There's a story mode of sorts in the works, where you progress through a couple of increasingly difficult worlds to reach a conclusion. I would expect that most players would play through that to learn the game, and then play in a free-play mode (which is what people are playing currently).

From the Wiki here.

Interesting. Thanks for the info! I thought because the game was "officially released", it would be complete and not still a work in progress...but I did notice, when I launched the game, it mentioned an upcoming update that will add Caves, so it does seem they're constantly working on it.

Looks interesting, $15 is a little steep though...I can get Mass Effect 3 for "free" right now and I have a host of other games I have to get to before that! If it was like $2.50 or something or had a free trial I'd check it out.

Music reminds me of World of Goo (good thing)

During the pre-order phase, the game was available discounted (I believe $12) and it came with two copies. So my friend bought it and gave me his second copy.

Each update adds a lot of new features, plus it's fun. Imagine what it would be like if it had Co-Op.

Just try making a hat outta red butt beefalo :D

Yeah, co-op would be interesting.