Is Gainward reliable?

When it comes to GPUs I've always favored ASUS and MSI, since I find them reliable, good overclockers and quiet.

I'm now contemplating on buying a new gpu, since my gtx 560 ti can't run the full texture pack I'm using in Skyrim and I'd like some more vram. I'm going to buy a GTX 660 ti, and it so happens that there is one on sale with 15% off. I'm going to save about $65 by buying Gainward compared to ASUS' card. On top of that I'll get Metro 2033: Last Light with it, and I loved the first game, so I have to get the second anyways.

So is this card: http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=761147 good quality and is the fan quiet? Or should I spent the extra $65 and get ASUS? 

Also, I assume I can run both the 660 ti and the 560 ti on the same mother board, where the 560 ti will be folding 24/7 probably and the 660 ti will be used for gaming and folding.

I have always heard good things about Gainward cards, go for it!

They will both run together in the same system just not SLI'd

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Gainward is a good card, and yes you can use the 660Ti for gaming and the 560 for folding or PhysX.  As IVI pointed out though, there isn't any way to SLi the two different cards together.

Thanks for the replies. I'll be getting that card then.

I've never tried shroud cooling. Is it loud? My ASUS card with DC II is quite quiet.

Gainward cards are reliable,.. the Phantom edition 660 ti 2 GB card runs quiet with decent cooling and will handle a hefty overclock, the PCB and

GK 104 Kepler GPU is basicly the same as the 670 except for the memory.

It's not the Phantom edition. That edition is quite a bit louder than ASUS' variant. It's the reference cooler I believe. I found a video of 7 different aftermarket coolers, men the reference weren't there. And ASUS won that competition by far: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-660-ti-memory-bandwidth-anti-aliasing,3283-16.html

I was not comparing,.. but generally most brands of the box type shroud cards are loud, poorly vented when running multi cards, Compared to ASUS.

Side by side comparing Gainward to Asus for fan speed & noise levels from Tom's Hardware review, puts Asus at the top for lowest noise. But the Gainward card is not bad for the price, for single card set up in a well vented case they perform vary well.

Edited by Braegnok

Thanks for the graphs Braegnok. I've decided to hold out and get the ASUS. I just got the Fractal Design R4 and H100i with quiet edition fans to reduce noise. So I would hate to ruin it with a loud gpu. But thanks for the input guys. I'll be sure to give Gainward an extra look in the future.