CPU upgrade (AM3+)

Got the fx 8350 and 8gb Kingston 1866mhz ram =D ...so excited!!

At first add that 8GB  alone. If you want  more then you can always add the existing 4GB module later.

Edited by d6bmg

Ok guys sorry for the late reply (testing my new 8350 :D) anyway from what I've seen temps are a little dodgy (12 C idle :/, using a hyper 212+) but I've seen some improvements in gaming such as a ~5 to 10 fps boost in crysis 3, ~10 in Far cry 3. The 8gb ram helps with my crazy multi-tasking (over 15 tabs open in firefox, sony vegas (not rendering), listening to a music video in WMP, 1 word sheet open, hardware monitor in the background and origin open in the background lol). I'll be doing a rendering test soon (it won't be 100% correct but bare with me). Anyway I'm impressed with the performance of this chip, I now have enough spare parts to build a second comp (phenom 955, 4gb ram, 6770, 160gb HDD :D). I don't see why people are so harsh on the FX series (pretty good price/performance). TC out :D

Anyway..rendering times where good but I did notice that as I was rendering the CPU usage was ~30 - 40 % O.o ....I dont think sony vegas movie studio utilizes all 8 'cores'. Movie studio 11 platinum is 32-bit aye? While rendering 5mins of 720p gamesplay it took 12mins, with my 955 it took i think ~40 mins (dont hold me on that) 

Anyway..rendering times where good but I did notice that as I was rendering the CPU usage was ~30 - 40 % O.o ....I dont think sony vegas movie studio utilizes all 8 'cores'. Movie studio 11 platinum is 32-bit aye? While rendering 5mins of 720p gamesplay it took 12mins, with my 955 it took i think ~40 mins (dont hold me on that) 

Thanks for he feedback regarding rendering.

And, how many cores were active when the CPU utilization was 30-40% ??