Sapphire Radeon HD 7790 2GB OC Reviewed

Bosco

I really like what i'm seeing here, an awesome card and the price is amazing. :)

Too bad that it does not look like a much of an update on my 5830.

Guess I'll save and wait for the 88xx to come out and then update.

I could be great if i could crossfire one of these with my 5830, but alas it can't.

i have a question if the reviewer doent mind :P

what version of gtx 660 top was used?

it performs about the same as my gtx 480 (1/2fps give or take) so if i am planning on upgrading in the future i can compair that card perfomance to mine because obv my card is way outdated :P

nice review nonetheless :)

Edited by WarWeeny

it performs about the same as my gtx 480 (1/2fps give or take) so if i am planning on upgrading in the future i can compair that card perfomance to mine because obv my card is way outdated :P

This one http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/nvidia_gtx_660ti_roundup_asus_msi_galaxy/3.htm

This one http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/nvidia_gtx_660ti_roundup_asus_msi_galaxy/3.htm

ah thank you,

a TI version at that D: good old hothead of mine xD

now i can compair decent results across other videocards to see how the 660 is vs other released cards in the future

was thinking about upgrading to either gtx 680 or the 7970ghz edition, still not out on what to take yet but atleast i can google some comparisons now :P

thanks again :)

WW,

If you are looking at a single monitor at 1080 then go with the 7950 as the max in cost, anything above that does not give any gains you will see while gaming.

WW,

If you are looking at a single monitor at 1080 then go with the 7950 as the max in cost, anything above that does not give any gains you will see while gaming.

really? i doubt it tho, lots of benchmarks shows that the 7970 is quite alot faster then the 7950 (i want the 7970 ghz edition)

even @ 1080P

i am gonna pick up that 7970 2nd handed anyway so costs really isnt an issue and i am getting it somewhere this summer too, need some spare change.

or should i consider the gtx 680 zotac amp if i can get it for the same price?

maybe i should start a topic on this when the time is there..... this aint the right place xP

WW,

really? i doubt it tho, lots of benchmarks shows that the 7970 is quite alot faster then the 7950 (i want the 7970 ghz edition)

Benchmarks show a lot of things that mean nothing in real life. Benchmarks say that an i5 @ 4.5 GHz is faster than an i5 @ 4.0 GHz but when you go to play a game at 1080 it is all but impossible to tell the difference. At 1080 the horsepower of the 7970 is wasted, unless you are running a 120hz monitor. The 7950 is the king when it comes to gaming experience at 1080. In fact I will go a step further and say it is hard to see much difference in most games with a 7870 over a 7950. Game play is what I am talking about and in the actual game play if you do not look at frame rates it is hard to see any difference at all.

WW,

Benchmarks show a lot of things that mean nothing in real life. Benchmarks say that an i5 @ 4.5 GHz is faster than an i5 @ 4.0 GHz but when you go to play a game at 1080 it is all but impossible to tell the difference. At 1080 the horsepower of the 7970 is wasted, unless you are running a 120hz monitor. The 7950 is the king when it comes to gaming experience at 1080. In fact I will go a step further and say it is hard to see much difference in most games with a 7870 over a 7950. Game play is what I am talking about and in the actual game play if you do not look at frame rates it is hard to see any difference at all.

an 7870 is on par with my gtx 480 and i am running some games that drops fps less then 30fps, so there is definatly a difference between the cards, hell i even wanted to save for a second handed titan xD

fps increase will be there either way 7970 or not, for me it is securing myself for future games on unreal engine 4 and other next-gen engines, i seriously doubt my gtx 480 can max those engines out when they go to pc games, and i really want my eyecandy :P

THe bottom line as I have said many times is get a card that plays the games you play at a higher FPS. Depending on the game one make will perform better than the other by as much as 20% at times. Choose the games then choose the card.