AMD Phenom II 960T 4 Ghz 6 cores + 7950CF = CPU bottlenecked?

http://amdfx.blogspot.pt/2012/01/3dmark11-performance-extreme.html

I know its not a 7950CF and not a FX-8350 (single 6990 and FX-8150), but hope it helps anyway. :)

the 6990 isnt even compairable with the 7950 xD

the crossfire 7950 would obliterate with 50% better perfomance with ease lol

but a fun watch nonetheless xP

Now now...I wouldn't quite go THAT far. It'd be a battle between brute force and memory (like the GTX690 and the Titan)

it would be botlenecked, by a pretty big margin, the 7950 is a pretty fast card to begin with..

Forgive my newbish question, I could a get a faster video card or CPU/MOBO/RAM combo and raise my FPS some but should I be really worried about my CPU bottleneck issue if I'm mainly concerned about the addition of a second GPU being the largest gain in FPS I can get for a given amount of cash, even if my current combo on 16x/4x CF only gets say 80%-85% of what 79XX in crossfire is fully capable of?

I'm hoping I'm still going to get a massive jump in performance over a single card, far more than spending the same amount of cash on new CPU/MOBO/RAM could do.

it would be botlenecked, by a pretty big margin, the 7950 is a pretty fast card to begin with..

Forgive my newbish question, I could a get a faster video card or CPU/MOBO/RAM combo and raise my FPS some but should I be really worried about my CPU bottleneck issue if I'm mainly concerned about the addition of a second GPU being the largest gain in FPS I can get for a given amount of cash, even if my current combo on 16x/4x CF only gets say 80%-85% of what 79XX in crossfire is fully capable of?

I'm hoping I'm still going to get a massive jump in performance over a single card, far more than spending the same amount of cash on new CPU/MOBO/RAM could do.

if you arent desperate and wait just a little longer for the new cards to arrive of nvidia, (amd is until end this year i've heard and nvidia was suposed to release somthing this june) then get that instead of a duel set-up.

personaly i dislike crossfire/sli because of the hassles it brings (see earlier post), 1 card>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2 cards by far, even if the perfomance gain is notable, you are still better off buying a newer card.

the amd 960T 6core @4ghz isnt a bad processor by any means, its better then what amd has released recently, so you could stick with the processor/mobo/ why ram btw? still on ddr2? D:

just dont over do it with the videocard is all i'm saying :P

i dont understand why you wouldnt want a single 7950, it plays all games on practically max settings @1080P (crysis 3 excluded, that is just a piece of crap that is really bad optimised, just pop shaders to high and even i get 60fps with my gtx 480) and by the time the next generation of consoles/engines are being used the newer cards of amd and nvidia are already out and yours for the choosing.

we dont know how the current cards will hold up against the next-gen engines, so i really think it is wise to wait just a but longer, just to see what the engines will bring and what the impact it has on the pc market.