ECS A970M-A Deluxe Motherboard Reviewed

Bosco

• 1 month later...

please help me with this motherboard, i have serious throttling issues on it on my
AMD FX4130
i don't know how to disable apm,
my system specs are
PSU acteck blazar 750watts
Kingston hyperx 1600mhz 8gb
AMD FX-4130 @3.8ghz
gtx 660 nvidia Asus 2GB OC edition (non ti)
ECS A970M-A Deluxe
SSD ADATA S510
Windows 7 64bits ultimate
please help i have this problema and i just bought my computer

cpu throtles dowwn to 1.4ghz (x7 multiplier) for no reason!! and temperaturas are OK!! havent ever go over 40C

Edited by MissAFanBoy

The 8 pin power connector seems it would be easy with a bottom mounted power supply case. I know I've had to run cable over the motherboard or use extensions on some more traditional layouts.

It does seem it would crowd the SATA and Header plug area though.

The 8 pin power connector seems it would be easy with a bottom mounted power supply case. I know I've had to run cable over the motherboard or use extensions on some more traditional layouts.

It does seem it would crowd the SATA and Header plug area though.

do you have throttling issues ? what CPU are you using on this motherboard?

Is the throttling permanent? Else it's just a power saving feature, and the speed should ramp up when needed. If it's permanent, you should be able to disable all the power saving features in the BIOS. I don't know this brand well enough to guide you, but it should be pretty straight forward.

Thanks for your answer Prunes , No the throttling isn't permanent, and trust me there's no way yo turn the throttle off as far as i know but here is my motherboard manual
http://download.ecsusa.com/dlfileecs/manual/mb/A970M-A%20DELUXE/A970M-A%20DELUXE%20V1.0%20manual.pdf
wich one should i turn off?

here are some screenshots too (please click on the image to see the image on original resolution and click on magnifier )
THROTTLING :( on game... neverwinter dungeon and dragons
temperatures on cpu are FINE, tmpin2 seems to be hot, but afaik there is nothing to do with the cpu throttle (?)
b774da53-ecd5-4ef2-838e-f4d2610af9fe_zps

Non-throttle after closing down the game (not really happens when i close it down, usually always happens at random times)
cbf1eda6-06f2-4c8e-bc92-995e6c100829_zps

and some screenshots of cpu z and hardware monitor

CPUz_zpsb8d67359.png

tmpin2_zpsae040629.png

Edited by MissAFanBoy

I don't know what tmpin2 is, but it seems quite high. We need someone else's opinion on that. 

If you want to try and remove the throttling options, you should go to your BIOS and disable: Cool and Quiet (C&Q), Core Performance Boost, and Enhanced Halt. Look at page 37 in the manual. Those are the ones I know could be the cause. I've never really used AMD, so I'm not too good at the various names. But give it a try.

Is there a setting for APM or anything like that? I assume you've updated to the newest BIOS too?

There's no setting called APM on the whole BIOS and yes i did flash to the newest bios too, here are some screenshots of the bios settings, there are some I do not understand like VSSlamtime and Slam time Mode perhaps it could be one of those options? anyway I click on those options and some weird men

Edited by MissAFanBoy