Torment: Tides of Numenera

bp9801

Brian Fargo and inXile Entertainment have launched a Kickstarter for Torment: Tides of Numenera, the spiritual successor to Planescape: Torment.

Torment: Tides of Numenera is a game set in the world of Monte Cook

A part of me wishes it wasn't so successful so fast, as I feel it may negatively impact stretch goals. I'm almost certain there would have been a stretch goal (or two) between 1.2mil and 1.5mil, but now that we've already surpassed those marks, is the first stretch goal not going to come until 2mil? I guess we'll have to wait and see. Hopefully they have retroactive stretch goals!

Retroactive ones would be the best imo. Way to reward everyone for making it so successful already without hindering anything (if possible).

Yep, agreed. It would only make sense. I mean, all funding is supposed to go toward development, so if "only" $900k was needed for the "base game", everything after that should go toward stretch goals. I mean, I guess they can have the first stretch goal be at $2mil and say it'll double the content, but that's unlikely. lol

Well we do indeed have a retroactive stretch goal:

image-220629-full.jpg

Using spoiler tags below just so this post doesn't take up so much space...

Stretch Goals

Every dollar we receive from the Kickstarter (outside of expenses for reward fulfillment) will be invested in making Torment a better game, while retaining the focus on the pillars we

Over $2 million pledged so far, which means an even bigger story, more music, a new companion, couple of new areas, and a few other goodies. Up next is the 2.5m stretch goal, and I'm sure plenty others.

• 2 years later...

Been a long time coming, but we finally have a look at Torment: Tides of Numenera. Early alpha gameplay of one of the Crisis encounters showing off some of the ways we can approach it.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...