I just took a few old batteries to a battery shop for disposal.
Makes me ask the above question. I have had 2 UPS's and both blew up. You know how it is! Smoke, sparks, a zap noise and stink.
The first one lasted about 2 or 3 years.
The second one lasted about a day. Replaced and lasted a week. I think I got a third or fourth, but the last one lasted about a year.
Not a good run by any means.
I wonder if you folk use these things and what sort of life you get out of them.
And before you comment, Yes! I was lucky to be at home when they blew!
Regards from C ........