Unlocking AMD Phenom II X2 555 to B65 with this build

Depreciated

It seems that the Phenom II x2 555 can be unlocked to a Phenom II x4 B65 processor 
the vid: 

I have this set-up: 

Motherboard: Biostar A780L 
Processor: AMD Sempron 140 unlocked to Athlon II x2 440 
Graphix Card: AMD Radeon HD 1GB 6750 
RAM: 2GB DDR2 
A generic 600W Power supply which I want to replace with a branded FSP Hexa 520W 

Here is what is shown in cpu-z based on my PC: http://s8.postimage.org/6u4ypgk91/Untitled.png 

Originally, I am planning to buy a Phenom II x4 955. But I found out that it has been phased out for almost a year now. All I have found so far are Athlon x2 dual cores. I can't believe it. 

Right now, I have a Sempron unlocked to Athlon II x2 440. So, I though that unlocking Phenom II x2 555 to Phenom II x4 B65 is possible for my mobo provided with the PSU. But I want to hear from you guys especially about safety measures. I am a newbie here but I am aware of the possible consequences that I can face after unlocking. The unlocking of Athlon II x2 440 came from just a video turorial. I hope you understand. 

If it's not really recommended to unlock it, will the Phenom II x2 555 alone will suffice for playing AC3? I am also staggering for the low fps issue.

When it comes to unlocking AMD cpu's that have had cores disabled, it is really just pot luck!  Some unlock and are stable, some do not.  If I was in your situation, I would probably just go ahead and buy an AMD X4 955, you can pick one up used for under $80, which isn't much more than a x2 555 would prob go for.  That way you have a guaranteed 4 cores, plus much more OC potential...if you are into OCing that is!

Having had a phenom2 550 for a long time I can say this, I had it unlocked on a gigabyte board with no problems, except for losing my cpu temp hardware it ran and oc'ed great, when I upgraded I put the same cpu in my wife's Biostar mb to replace her semperon, no way would that board unlock the cpu, not even to 3 cores, needless to say I know it wasn't the cpu. I hope you have better luck with your mb. :(

Wait, people are still using 955s? I've had mine for years, I thought it would be badly outdated by now.

That's like saying a Q6600 is badly outdated.

Sure they aren't top of the line, but they are perfectly acceptable for a mid-range gaming build.

Wait, people are still using 955s? I've had mine for years, I thought it would be badly outdated by now.

There are still lots of them out there and still running great, it's too bad amd retired that line,  a used one is still a good buy. :)