MSI 660 ti P.E. Overclocking Help

LegitGamer

Hello all, this card is driving me @#$%ing nuts won't hold its overclock. The game I'm playing either freezes or blinks a couple of times then goes to the desktop with a error saying its not responding.

I have to use the MSI afterburner because its a MSI Graphics card, i have it clocked right now at 50 Core, 265 Mem and 75 Fan speed.

The voltage is: 37 Core, 40 Mem and 20 Aux. If I go any higher then these clock speeds the system is unstable. 

Please help or if you need more info, just ask.

Ya I hope not WarWeeny, if so then I'll be the first.

dont know if the card is new or whatnot, if so you can return it and get another one form another company instead, maybe that one will clock nicely xP

iv'e done it before with an amd cpu i had (965)  it didnt clock to 3.6 no matter what i threw at it, then returned it, bought another one in a different store, 4ghz baby xD

Thanks guys for the feedback, but I ain't going to overclock it hardcore, like I wanted. Instead I'm going to get another just like it and SLI them. Maybe in the future I'll consider taking them back for

a other  brand name ones.

Thanks guys for the feedback, but I ain't going to overclock it hardcore, like I wanted. Instead I'm going to get another just like it and SLI them. Maybe in the future I'll consider taking them back for

a other  brand name ones.

it is a bonus after all :3

Kepler clocks and voltages are not static, they are dynamic. So they will automatically adjust on the fly, depending on the load required (or not) The card will also downclock if the horspower isn't needed.

Try increasing the GPU clock offset, or Boost Potential by +100MHz, this is a target speed, not a guarantee, And slightly increase the Power Target to allow the card to increase the voltage automatically and account for higher clocks.

Overclocking on Kepler provides diminishing returns because the GPU Boost  is essentially already overclocking the card for you. Chances are you won't be gaining much, depending on the Boost Clock and Boost Potential of your particular card.

most 660's will max out @ Base Clock of 1135MHz, 1788MHz Memory, and 1213MHz Boost Clock.

Edited by Braegnok

Here are my settings for the MSI 660ti. Maybe they can help you a bit. I have had my core clock as high as +125 and memory clock as high as +475. +100 core voltage and +114 Powerlimit. Did not have the need to mess with the Memory and AUX voltages. The settings in the pic are  for everyday usage.

Good luck.

80702335782149282378.jpg

Edited by Cyberburnout

Looks good, if your stable and your happy with the game play is what matters, you can max the power limit slider. :thumbsup:

You will not get much more than +160MHz Core and +470MHz Memory out of it,.. but at those settings your Boost will be close to 1280MHz which is great!

The GK104 GPU in your GTX 660Ti PE graphics card is identical to the one used in the GTX 670 graphics card, with the only difference being a 192-bit memory instead of a 256-bit wide path. 

With my 670's I found that I need to constantly watch the voltage offset, since the cards tend to move it down. Glad everything worked out for you.

Edited by Braegnok

Looks good, if your stable and your happy with the game play is what matters, you can max the power limit slider. :thumbsup:

Yeah Ive run it maxed a few times for benching. It hits 104% TDP when at max gpu usage. Had a few lock ups with black screen randomlly and a little warmer then I care for so I keep it just a tad short of max. If you look in the corner its in the green at 96% TDP. A safe cushion.