Tier 5 Contests

Bosco

Maybe I'll make a new account (the mods totally wont know my IP address  :ph34r: ) and then give it T5?

:teehee:

or you could just add an extra yr to your current account :rolleyes:

Each Tier 5 membership is valid for one year, but if you've doubled or tripled your donation (or more), then you gain an extra entry for each year.

So instead of scheming to get someones extra vote I should legitimately purchase another year?

What is this logic?

back when i first heard about the tier level program, i remember feeling a little bit skeptical at first and thinking "there's no way i'm gonna pay to belong to a free tech community forum", and but then the more i thought about it, the more i felt like this one community has become my sort of #1 webtech home, so why not ?...

...now granted i'm not the most tech-savvy guy in the world, but i do get around alot on the web, and know how to root out information and solutions when i need 'em, and where to look for them if need arises,(especially when i'm working on a new build or project that i'm having difficulty/trouble with) but i haven't come across or know of any other tech site that has the kind of advanced help and highly educated staff and membership, along with the all inclusive friendly, family type atmosphere that this site has without all the flaming, sarcasm and childish b.s. that i've seen at other sites out there... if you need help or answers, it's right here, and ya don't have to pay for it because this community is very happy to lend a hand and help out,...it's just the way they do it !...

...so i said to myself "why not just go all the way and be "all in"... for me it's not about the prizes or upgrades i get from leveling up, (but i do like the extras too) but it's more about being able to give back to the community that i fit in with and get so much good help from, and being able to assist staff to do more for us as a group...(the more i help out , the more they get freed up to do more for us)... 

...and as for the cost to level up goes, for me it's not about how much it costs me, as much as it is about what i get for my money, ...OCC has more than paid me back in tech support and suggestions, humor and friendly conversations and entertaining sidelines that have me in stitches sometimes, and then there's all the research and fact finding, all the reviews and sharing that they do for us...all the pluses like the annual CES run and other events that staff brings to this community !...

i get ALOT for my money here at OCC ! ...so i'm feeling just a little surprised that there aren't more "members at large" taking advantage of the t5 upgrades and opportunities, and choosing a higher level of belonging...

• Like 1

back when i first heard about the tier level program, i remember feeling a little bit skeptical at first and thinking "there's no way i'm gonna pay to belong to a free tech community forum", and but then the more i thought about it, the more i felt like this one community has become my sort of #1 webtech home, so why not ?...

...now granted i'm not the most tech-savvy guy in the world, but i do get around alot on the web, and know how to root out information and solutions when i need 'em, and where to look for them if need arises,(especially when i'm working on a new build or project that i'm having difficulty/trouble with) but i haven't come across or know of any other tech site that has the kind of advanced help and highly educated staff and membership, along with the all inclusive friendly, family type atmosphere that this site has without all the flaming, sarcasm and childish b.s. that i've seen at other sites out there... if you need help or answers, it's right here, and ya don't have to pay for it because this community is very happy to lend a hand and help out,...it's just the way they do it !...

...so i said to myself "why not just go all the way and be "all in"... for me it's not about the prizes or upgrades i get from leveling up, (but i do like the extras too) but it's more about being able to give back to the community that i fit in with and get so much good help from, and being able to assist staff to do more for us as a group...(the more i help out , the more they get freed up to do more for us)... 

...and as for the cost to level up goes, for me it's not about how much it costs me, as much as it is about what i get for my money, ...OCC has more than paid me back in tech support and suggestions, humor and friendly conversations and entertaining sidelines that have me in stitches sometimes, and then there's all the research and fact finding, all the reviews and sharing that they do for us...all the pluses like the annual CES run and other events that staff brings to this community !...

i get ALOT for my money here at OCC ! ...so i'm feeling just a little surprised that there aren't more "members at large" taking advantage of the t5 upgrades and opportunities, and choosing a higher level of belonging...

Really well put. +1

Oh and guys especially Aussies feel free to do as me and join to bypass the swear filter haha. It pissed me off having to alter my speech and so far I ain't been getting in trouble with mods :D

I don't know where you get the idea that y'all cuss any worse than the rest of the world. Its a worldwide working class phenomenon. Y'all just get more press because your accents are deemed cool. Regardless its nothing to be proud of.