I had such great response from the folks over in the OS support forum that I thought I would try my luck over here...
I'm in the process of switching from the MSI z77a-g41 to the ASRock z77 Extreme 4 (for obvious overclocking reasons). here are my specs:
- i7 3770K
- Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (//www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099)
- G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820231455)
- Kingston Hyper X 120GB SSD (for OS and virus protection) (http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820239049)
- Crucial M4 512GB SSD for games and Photoshop, etc... (http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820148527)
- Seagate 2T for everything else (photos, video, music)
- Zotac GTX 680, 4GB (Amp edition) (http://www.todaystec...mp-4gb-gtx-680/)
- Either onboard sound or Zonar DX (http://www.newegg.co...06&Tpk=xonar dx)
Looking for the best overclocking solution for CPU and Ram as well as any other tips/tricks for the rest of my hardware on the new ASRock board
Thanks in advance...