What is a decent cheap gaming keyboard?

Stealth3si

I had this same question last week. You most not of looked at the forums before you posted because it is right on the front of this forum. Here is a link. Gaming Keyboard

Don't be a douche. He is asking for one UNDER $50 and every suggestion in that thread is over that mark, often by quite a lot.

Sorry.. if I came off that way I did not mean it. But if you read what I had asked you will see that I was asking for the same thing. I wanted to spend even less then 50 bucks. I just looked at that thread and even though I started it for some reason my original post is not there. Hmm. And yes. Most of the keyboards were over that mark but from what everyone said in that thread there really isn't one for under 50 bucks. This is the one I bought Logitech G105 CoD MW3 Keyboard. Right now it is about 32 bucks. Its the same keyboard as the G105 except its the MW3 edition. The original one cost 80 bucks so you can see why I went with the MW3 version even thought its not really a game I play.

But like I said. I am sorry if I came across rude.

I don't really understand the appeal of programmable keys, maybe it's just me. 

Although this keyboard is on sale on newegg, and I am debating getting one myself, though it's a little unconventional.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823161013&nm_mc=ExtBanner&cm_mmc=BAC-Criteo-_-Keyboards-_-SteelSeries-_-23161013

I've never used a gaming keyboard and was wondering what is a cheap decent entry level gaming keyboard under $50 to start off with?

First define a "gaming" keyboard. What feature are you looking for that for you makes a keyboard made for gaming?

I used the Microsoft Sidewinder X4 up until I bought my first mechanical keyboard (and in fact I still have it as a backup).  Can't beat the price and it's admirable for what it is.  PM me if you need further details.

I've never used a gaming keyboard and was wondering what is a cheap decent entry level gaming keyboard under $50 to start off with?

First define a "gaming" keyboard. What feature are you looking for that for you makes a keyboard made for gaming?

Someone asked me that in another forum.

I have no definition of 'gaming' in particular.

Just cheap and popular, having many good reviews, reliable, etc, Something that minimally purports itself as gaming or if not, can be effectively used for any kind of gaming purpose.

I used the Microsoft Sidewinder X4 up until I bought my first mechanical keyboard (and in fact I still have it as a backup).  Can't beat the price and it's admirable for what it is.  PM me if you need further details.

+1 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823109191 Great price atm you cant go wrong with this one.

+1

824 reviews, 5 eggs.

Valued above $60.

Looks like a good entry level kb for 'gaming' for lack of a better term.

Thanks!

Edited by Stealth3si

Gaming keyboards are getting a ton of mixed definitions that is why it is important to know what you are looking for. For some people it means Macro keys. For others backlighting, for still others it might mean mechanical. In the end ANY keyboard can get the job done in gaming, in fact I think the term "gaming keyboard" should be done away with. Look at the pro gamers, they do not use macros and most do not use backlighting.

On the point however, the Sidewinder X4 is a solid buy for a good quality keyboard.