x124 BSOD

Every once in a while, my system crashes without warning.  I've noticed it happening on a regular basis when playing Just Cause 2, where my screen will freeze up indefinitely and will show blocking/artifacting.  It also happens after roughly 1.5 days of folding.  The time frames seem pretty consistent.

Bluescreenview says it's a x124 BSOD.  The first time I got it, I increased the vcore from around 1.2 to 1.22.  I was using this guide for the error code interpretation.  After another of these BSODs, I increased the vcore to 1.25.  It just BSOD'd again with the same code, so here I am asking for help :lol:

I uploaded a screenie of the error codes.  What other information do you need, and what advice can you give me?  Thanks in advance!

post-72669-0-60078700-1357160824_thumb.jpg

back off on the memory speeds... If you are overclocking then set the ram divider so its at stock or slightly less and see if that fixes it.

Make sure the Ram VDimm voltage is set according to the sticks label....if you're running stock and not clocked try running the ram on a divider for the next lowest speeds.

I backed them down to 1.6v.  I pulled up the RAM specs on Newegg and they are rated for 1.5-1.6v.  I must've ran them higher due to having instability in the previous BIOS revisions of my motherboard.  Could running extra voltage to these sticks damage the controller over time?

Shurman - no faster than you're running your RAM or CPU overclock your current QPI/VTT settings should be fine.  However, over time your cpu and memory controller can start to wear and in some cases may require small voltage bumps over where you have ran them 24/7 for ages.

Guess if I were you I'd set my vcore at 1.30v and my QPI/VTT at 1.35v and see if that cures your problems.  Both of those voltages are safe for your chip.  If your x124 BSOD disappears you can start lowering them back down again one at a time until the BSODs return.  At that point add .01v - .02v to your settings and call it good.

For the lack of that i cannot see it ill just share where i had mine at concerning the qpi and core. For the sake of everything that overclocks period my memory controller was junk.. The mhz are rough figures but the voltage is spot on.

3.80ghz and 1600ish memory. 1.30 core and qpi 1.250-1.275

3.80ghz and 1800ish memory. 1.30 core and qpi 1.350

4.00ghz and 1600ish memory. 1.35 core and qpi 1.400 (1.45 @ 2000mhz memory

4.20ghz and 1600ish memory. 1.36 core and qpi 1.420

4.20ghz and 2000ish memory 1.38 core and 1.500 qpi.....

Yes my memory controller should be a dead man by now.