Home Elecrical Question

Phil

Indeed the unit does predate the internet, but then again so do I.  :)

I don't know why everyone thinks this is dangerous, I just need to know how to hook it up. 

wrong.... for 220v there is TWO hookups... there has to be either TWO hot wires 1 for EACH leg of 220v (110v each leg) or 1 leg and a ground...in which case it's a 110v volt heater.

if it only has one leg then the outer casing is the neutral and the unit is 110v....

for that one if it is 220v there is a hook up at each end.... its a resistance heater

wrong.... for 220v there is TWO hookups... there has to be either TWO hot wires 1 for EACH leg of 220v (110v each leg) or 1 leg and a ground...in which case it's a 110v volt heater.

if it only has one leg then the outer casing is the neutral and the unit is 110v....

for that one if it is 220v there is a hook up at each end.... its a resistance heater

My thoughts exactly. If you clip the wire in the middle and attach one leg to each side with a ground to the case that makes sense.

Just take it to an Electrician. your obviously missing parts that's making it impossible to figure out what needs to be done with little or no experience in doing so. Would be safest bet IMO

or Try it your self

710_0_w50.jpg

and get a spiffy new hairdo!

Edited by Renigade
  • Like 1

I'm going to cut the wire and try it.  It's not missing parts, I've got 6 of them all the same.  I think it's just old school, professionals back in the day knew what to do with it, nowadays in today's Home Depot world everything has to be idiot proof.