Windows 8 failed update boot loop

Onion

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is often caused by the attempted update of a Windows component that is dependent on another component that is out of date or not present to begin with.  If you problem persist you may want to try  Resetting and Re-Registering the Windows Update Components.

I have a tool for that, but use at your own risk - I offer no warranty, guarantee etc. implied or otherwise.  Unzip the attached file and execute it.

Reset_Windows_Update_Full.zip

Hey Onion.  I can't view whatever it was you were trying to show me.  But if it is a virus warning I can assure you that I checked it before I put it up.  It's directly from my own collection and has been clean from the get go.

Hey Onion.  I can't view whatever it was you were trying to show me.  But if it is a virus warning I can assure you that I checked it before I put it up.  It's directly from my own collection and has been clean from the get go.

Oh, it wasn't a virus warning, its just chrome saying to be careful in a funny way because it was a batch file. 

Well its doing the same thing on my Consumer Release Preview... Was going to get Windows 8 Pro tomorrow but now Im not so sure it's the right decision

windows 8 is in my eyes never a right decision :P

It seems to me that M$ have gotten into the habit of releasing a bad OS after a good one. :-(