Windows 8 failed update boot loop

Onion

I was updating windows 8 as usual, and it restarts on its own while updating. When it turns back on, I get to a screen that says "failed configuring windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer." After a while, it reboots on its own, and does it again and again and again... I tried booting to "system recovery" but I get the same screen.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Windows 8 phail  :lol:

I can see why it's doing it, it thinks there are still updates to roll back - it's already removed them but it hasn't reset the value for the screen. 

If you manage to get into Windows then it should reset it and it should run fine afterwards...have you tried system restore or is it one of those things that Microsoft decided to remove in it's 'unsinkable' Windows 8 because it's OS would never fail...

I was updating windows 8 as usual, and it restarts on its own while updating. When it turns back on, I get to a screen that says "failed configuring windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer." After a while, it reboots on its own, and does it again and again and again... I tried booting to "system recovery" but I get the same screen.

Well, I let my laptop have fun and just boot loop itself, and when I got back from my breakfast and shower, it was working. Oh MS, you so crazy. 

Windows 8 Fail. :P

This will help you get it straight!

Well its doing the same thing on my Consumer Release Preview... Was going to get Windows 8 Pro tomorrow but now Im not so sure it's the right decision

windows 8 is in my eyes never a right decision :P