Looking for a boot drive SSD

Onion

I'm looking for a boot drive SSD to slap into my laptop which currently has a single Seagate Momentus X 750 gb 7200 rpm and 8 gb cache drive. How big should I go? What brands? I'm looking for a good deal for black Friday or cyber Monday. I'm thinking 120 gb? Should that be fine?

Also, I'm looking for an external enclosure for a 320 GB 5400 RPM drive, any recommendations? Only thing I want is for it to be only USB powered and support USB 3.0.

How's this? Samsung 840 120 GB for $90.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147188

Or an Intel 330 240 GB for $140?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167127

Edited by l33t p1mp

120gb should be fine for most instances as long as its enough space for the applications you use with little space set aside for some storage. I have used 128, 240, 256 and 512gb SSD's in my laptop and they all rock. I do not keep much on it though. Just a few gb of music,maybe a couple movies and what I use for programs.

Thanks Coke.

How's this? Its $60 with a code. However, I don't know if its a good drive, I don't know too much about SSDs.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820239045&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL112312&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL112312-_-EMC-112312-Index-_-SSD-_-20239045-L015A

The HyperX 3k is awesome, there isn't a very big noticeable difference between SSDs of the same price range(according to reviews/forums I've read), but if you find a deal like this, the cheaper one is the better one. I'd definitely get the HyperX 3k for $60.

They sold out in under 10 minutes. :O Glad I got mine. Should have gotten a second for an external drive or something, $60 was a steal! Come to think of it, that's 50 cents a gig!

Double edit: Damn, out of stock email. :( I went for the next one, $75. Still a good deal. :)

And now I'm confused. I just got the order confirmation email from the $60 dollar drive. :lol: Maybe I'll get two in the mail after all... :teehee:

Edited by l33t p1mp

They sold out in under 10 minutes. :O Glad I got mine. Should have gotten a second for an external drive or something, $60 was a steal! Come to think of it, that's 50 cents a gig!

Double edit: Damn, out of stock email. :( I went for the next one, $75. Still a good deal. :)

And now I'm confused. I just got the order confirmation email from the $60 dollar drive. :lol: Maybe I'll get two in the mail after all... :teehee:

Oh, you little thief, 120-128gb SSDs in Eastern Europe cost about $130 -$140 and we're happy if we catch a deal and get one for $100.

Lucky you.

Now run them in RAID 1. :evilgrin: