Samsung SSD

ClayMeow

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Samsung SSDs?

Newegg currently has the 128GB Samsung 840 Pro Series on sale for the next few days @ $150, and it comes with Assassin's Creed III (though I wish I knew if it was Steam or direct through Ubisoft).

That's $20 more than the OCZ Vertex 4, so not sure if it's really worth it.

I know Samsung drives are good but that's out of line on pricing. I don't see an SSD as considerable unless it's under $1/GB

+1 on this, I got my vertex 3 120gb 3 months ago for $60 on sale so I think even $1 per gb is too much now that the higher capacity drives are out.

i have the 830 ssd and love it and i got it for a hell of a price.. i think something like .64 cents a g..... and it rocks on 2.0 great... would love to see how it would work on 3.0..... if you can get it on sell go for it

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Samsung SSDs?

Newegg currently has the 128GB Samsung 840 Pro Series on sale for the next few days @ $150, and it comes with Assassin's Creed III (though I wish I knew if it was Steam or direct through Ubisoft).

That's $20 more than the OCZ Vertex 4, so not sure if it's really worth it.

i ordered that drive but without the bundle deal for just under $100. with the AC3 game it's nearly 150...not really any sort of "deal" to me...... so i decided against the bundle deal and will probably get the AC1-3 bundle later on when is offered...i kinda missed the first 2 of them. i will be buying a sata 6gb/s mobo soon to attach it to as the speeds on this are wonderful....and it actually neds that sata6 to exploit them otherwise this drive will run at literally half its posible speed. vroommmm.

• 2 months later...